Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confessions of an evil stepmom.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

1. BM says not to give them juice, it gives them diarrhea. They all have problems with constipation, so badly that recently one of them was throwing up his waste from being so backed up. They eat a steady diet of processed junk, no fruits or vegetables and she doesn't cook. So, I give them juice when they're here. No diarrhea...but they are able to poop. Miraculous.

2. She doesn't like for me to wash their clothes. They don't look "new" anymore after being washed. They wear the same thing for a week before she'll wash it. They wipe their noses and faces on their shirts. They're always sick with something. One time, they broke out in sores on their faces. So, I wash their clothes.

3. They're allowed to watch "grown up" shows at home. I don't allow them to watch them here. They're children. If I don't let my own watch it, I won't let them. There are things that although I know they don't understand, I'd rather not have them walking around repeating.

4. I don't let them eat whatever they want whenever they want. We have meal and snack times. If I don't have the junk that they want in the house, then they have to make due with a piece of fruit or whatever I have. They can eat what I cook for dinner or they can have pb&j. Same rules I have for my own.

I guess that's about it. I'm horrible for not doing things the way BM wants me to.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I would do all of this the same, except for the meal and snack time. We all eat when we are hungry here. NOT criticizing the way you do it. Simply saying I do everything the same way here, except that :)

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Oh, and you're not "horrible", you're a decent parent, unlike her :)

ablox
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol I like your way better

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:05 AM
They have to wear the same thing for a week, before she washes it? Yuck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Yeah. She says they don't get dirty. She also used to get mad at us for going through too many diapers and wipes, that it would last her twice as long. We just changed them when they needed it, she'd let them go all day as long as they didn't poop. Their diapers would be sagging to their knees when we'd get them sometimes.

So we just bought diapers and wipes to keep at our house for them. We didn't do that to start with because she was on assistance and got free diapers, so it wasn't a problem for her to give us some...but we'd send back what was left. And she was mad we used too many. lol

Quoting hautemama83:

They have to wear the same thing for a week, before she washes it? Yuck.

Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Your house, your rules.

Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:16 AM

And she sounds lovely.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Throwing up his own waste??? Yikes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rawrmommysaurus
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:17 AM
If the kid was throwing up I would have taken him to the dr/er and had them document that the kid was constipated and what to do for it. Then gave the drs note to the b.m.

To me, sounds like she's neglectful. :(

I think you are being the best step patent you can be and that's by taking the 'step' out of it. Keep up the good work.
TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I'm not usually one to jump to this but...

Get proof of her saying these things are how she wants them and you trying to reason with her and get full custody.. Those poor babies. :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)