Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please don't take this the wrong way working moms!! But does anyone agree with me?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1276 Replies
140 moms liked this
So a relative is having a baby anyway. One she wanted badly, begged for, and they tried for.

She's said several times, she is going back to work the second they release her. She can't wait to have the baby, but then as soon as she gets a night away she will be so glad. She doesn't ever want to be home with the baby is what it seems. She's a working mom, and doesn't get home until 5/6. This tiny newborn will be in a daycare center.

What's the point, what is the point in having a baby if your not going to be with it, you miss everything. Your basically with your baby 4 hours a night and on weekends. Unless you work on the weekend or go out and party (like most parents do because they obviously can't stand being around there kids) you miss first words, first steps, everything! What is the point? Seriously

What really irritates me, is no, daycares are not safe, even the best of the best have had several reports of rape, abuse, neglect. I don't get how any loving mother can have a baby then drop him or her off with strangers all day like nothing.

I've been a SAHM for 5 years, I tried working for a month, my kids went to a sitter, whose home i inspected, who I ran background checks on, had followed by a p.i. For 2 weeks, had every single record pulled I could, and even called 10 references. And still felt guilty for leaving my 2 and 3 year old there. So I quit and stayed home, the job wasn't necessary to pay bills or anything, we just thought I'd use my degree. I never left my newborns, I have never been away from our youngest who is 10 months, only have I ever been away from my older two maybe 5 times.

Am I judgmental?! Yes, yes I am. Because these years are precious and I think if you don't spend every minute wi your kids that you can, you suck. If you HAVE to work, that is one thing, then don't have any baby's. if you HAVE TO WORK AND CANNOT AFFORD TO STAY HOME, then you should not have anymore kids untill you can afford to stay home until they are in school.

Please, like this post if you agree with me, I'm curious inpf I'm the only one! And reply too! I cannot be the only person on cm who feels this way!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:20 PM
5 moms liked this
I should add she does not HAVE TO WORK she WANTS TO BE OUT OF THE HOUSE AWAY FROM THE BABY, SHE'S SAID THIS! Word for word.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:22 PM
4 moms liked this
Personally, I feel the same way. But to each his own. Their lives, their kids.
Lilfootmommy
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:22 PM
8 moms liked this
I,agree 100%
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:22 PM
266 moms liked this

I have a son, and I loved maternity leave, but I also couldn't wait to go back to work. Being a SAHM is not for me, and I don't pretend that it is. I need my life to be defined as more than my role as a wife and mother.

I never viewed my child care providers as strangers, they are an extension of my family.

you can think I suck, I really don't care, I do what works for my family

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:23 PM
10 moms liked this

I know everyone needs to do what is right to them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:23 PM
11 moms liked this

I agree and I am a working mom. I cry every single day that I am missing soo much with my babies but I have to work in order to feed them and keep a roof over their head. It really really sucks but only my middle son goes to daycare for after care, my baby has been kept since birth by my mil, my sister, and my grandma sooo at the very least I know he is in the best hands possible by people that love him just as much as I do.

Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:23 PM
71 moms liked this
It seems like the same argument. If it works for you, that is great. Not everyone can, or is meant to stay at home. I don't feel I missed out on anything. I love my kids and enjoy my job.
And a happy mother is a better mother imo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:23 PM
51 moms liked this

No, I don't agree, except the part about not having kids you can't afford.  I don't think you should have kids if you can't afford to feed them, meaning no foodstamps and sure as hell no WIC. 

Other than that, you need to not worry your tiny brain about other people and their children.  I stayed home with my kids too but it's not for everyone.  Some people enjoy working and some people need to work.  And unless they are leeching off the system, it's no ones business but theirs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:24 PM
238 moms liked this

I stopped reading here.  You are psycho.

Edit: Holy shit.  My notifications haven't blown up with likes since the chick jacked off her cat.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been a SAHM for 5 years, I tried working for a month, my kids went to a sitter, whose home i inspected, who I ran background checks on, had followed by a p.i. For 2 weeks, had every single record pulled I could, and even called 10 references. A
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:24 PM
82 moms liked this
Don't agree- women should not have to forsake a career to stay at home- and no all the best daycares do not have reports of abuse, neglect and rape.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)