Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

kinda hurt right now..*sorta long*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

**backstory*so my friend had a birthday in the beginning of october. she had dinner with her husband and a few other friends. well i let her know that day that i couldn't come because my dd had a last minute dr appointment, and i had to baby-sit at the last minute also. by the time i was done baby-sitting and actually made it home from picking my dh up, there was no way i was going to be able to make her dinner because it is a good 40ish minute drive from my house. the dinner was at 6:30 and i didn't actually get home until about 5:15 that day and had to unpack groceries. when i told her that i couldn't make it, i also told her to let me know when she was off work next and she could come over and i would make her dinner and some cupcakes.

**fast forward to now** after not hearing from her since then (because i assume she got pissed at me and didn't want to talk or hang out with me), she messages me today asking 'what are you doing today?' and she usually only asks me that when she wants to hang out. the only problem is, i don't want to hang out with her because of how she acted towards me. she got mad at me for something i had no control over, and chose to act like a high schooler and ignore me until she finally wants to do something with me. this woman is 23 years old and married...it really pissed me off that she chooses to act like that. i apologized for not being able to make it and even offered to cook for her on her next day off. it's not like i just said 'happy bday. can't make it..' and that was it..i actually attempted to make an effort to make up for not being able to make her dinner. and i know she hasn't just been 'too busy' to hang out because i've seen her post about hanging out with other people on facebook. we weren't really close friends to begin with, but i was her maid of honor at her wedding, helped plan her wedding and bridal shower, and i was even there for her when she had issues with her husband because she cheated on him and he was pissed at her. it just makes me upset that she ignores me for something so small that i had no control over..things happen, and i think i made the best of it. what would you have done?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JealousGrrl
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd just let it go. She didn't actually tell you that she was mad did she? Were you texting or calling and not getting responses?
SissyMacK
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Assuming that she got pissed at you is acting like a high schooler on your part.  You are both adult women with busy lives.  My best friend and I sometimes loose touch for weeks or months at a time.  It doesn't mean we are at odds, we're both just busy and have more pressing matters. 

onaflowers
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Adults need to not get butt hurt about birthdays. I don't really see how she was a huge jerk here though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:25 PM

sounds like a bunch of high school girls.

turtlesquish23
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:26 PM
You have no idea if she actually ignored you or if she was too busy to respond. stop acting like a high schooler yourself and ask her why she didn't get back to you before you assume.
Momsold
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

You talk about her acting like she was in highschool...yet, hear you are, not answering your phone because you're mad at her...now who's in highschool?

CamoChick
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I would just chalk it up and hang out with her.  She was probably hurt that you couldn't make it and then just forgot to text you back.  If she wants to hang out today, go for it.  There's always going to be ups and downs in a friendship

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM

well when she usually talks to me every day and all of a sudden, stopped...that kinda makes me think she was mad. i sent her a few messages with no response.

Quoting JealousGrrl:

I'd just let it go. She didn't actually tell you that she was mad did she? Were you texting or calling and not getting responses?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I think you are assuming too much because of some silence.  This is just an easy out because you don't really want to be her friend any more.  That's okay.  Just let it go

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Everyone else said the same thing I was thinking immediately when you wrote the words "Because I ASSUME she got pissed at me.." Assuming things starts a lot of problems. Don't assume. Talk to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)