Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do u celebrate Thanksgiving still if your pagan/wiccan amd or Native indian?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
If not why? If so why? I dont because i think the whole thing is wrong. The real history of thanksgiving is cruel. I want to know from Native American Indians and wiccan/pagans what they think. Im wiccan and I only celebrate the esbats and sabbats. I also teach my kids those days only.I dont do xmas or call it that. Its yule or winter solstice
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I am pagan and I do not celebrate that day out of respect for the NA that were murdered
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I do. I'm part Native American. My kids will KNOW what really happeend but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy some time with my family, eat some yummy food and blow up a few stuffed animals with fireworks.

Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Yupp I am Apache Indian and we have always celebrated it. My moms ancestors came over on the mayflower too. Its a time to give thanks to God and be thankful and celebrate. 

I'm a tattooed, free spirited, CIO, circumcision, delayed vax, pro-life, anti flu shot, hiking, beach bum, early potty training, snuggling, video gaming, art therapy, natural remedies, natural health, Jesus is my home boy, Artist, sarcastic mom!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Blow up stuffed animals? How classy. Go back to apa coltsfan
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Sure cozie. Thanksgiving isnt a day to givr thanks to a christian god, u have no idea the real history of that day. What does ur god have to do with thanksgiving? Nothing
redneckmama4
by Loree on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Well aren't you lovely!

Yep, we still celebrate a day filled with family and food.
elfling811
by Niki on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this
We are Wiccan and we still celebrate with our Christian family. It gives us a good reason to get together. We do our own private celebrations at home.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this

awww. . .*pats head*. I've never claimed to be classy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Blow up stuffed animals? How classy. Go back to apa coltsfan

redneckmama4
by Loree on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
How do you know what she knows or believes?

Go away troll!

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure cozie. Thanksgiving isnt a day to givr thanks to a christian god, u have no idea the real history of that day. What does ur god have to do with thanksgiving? Nothing
lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I never knew how many wiccans there were in the world until I came on cm. (not being rude, just an observation) I'm Christian and not Native American but here's a bump for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)