Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has anyone worked in a...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Call center. I have an interview tomorrow and I really need this job. It is 10 hours a day 4 days a week. I get paid holidyays,vacation,medical dental. How easy is it to get these jobs.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I worked in a Home Depot call center in college. Super easy but very boring.
bcoll
by Brandi on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I really have no idea but here's a bump!:)

Mommy2ETnBM
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Super easy to get a call center job. The ones here will hire anyone off the street, experience or not. They all have a massive turn over rate because everyone ends up not liking it a month into it and quits. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:02 PM

For what they offer I can learn to love the job lol. Its paid vacation,holidays,medical dental. Only four days a week. 

Quoting Mommy2ETnBM:

Super easy to get a call center job. The ones here will hire anyone off the street, experience or not. They all have a massive turn over rate because everyone ends up not liking it a month into it and quits. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I work in a call center now I love my job but I think I am pretty fortunatebecause of the company i work for we get paid well and there isn't very many of us (12) we all get along great and they don't really put any restrictions on what we do on the internet as long as we are answering the phones so that's nice but I know that a little unique in most call centers .the toughest part are the customers I mean I have those I love but you get a lot of nut cases too or you just know when they are lying about why they cant pay there bills or the total over share with a perfect stranger LOL but over all I really like it ,but it can get a little boring or crazy busy with like 15 horrible calls in a row you just never know what you are going to get

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Not  the one I work in I have worked here for 5 yrs and I am the newest employee but I do think a lot of companies you are probably right we have another call center in town regence insurance and they do mass hiring and firing constantlyit seems I wouldn't even apply there because you aren't guaranteed to keep working there by any means

Quoting Mommy2ETnBM:

Mommy2ETnBM
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM

The call centers here are notorious for overturn. I know of maybe 2 that are legit great places to work. The rest are just scams really. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Not  the one I work in I have worked here for 5 yrs and I am the newest employee but I do think a lot of companies you are probably right we have another call center in town regence insurance and they do mass hiring and firing constantlyit seems I wouldn't even apply there because you aren't guaranteed to keep working there by any means

Quoting Mommy2ETnBM:

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM
It really depends on what type of calls you'll be handling. I just started at a bank call center in the collections department, but I have experience in financial institutions, as well as other types of call centers.
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I was a telemarketer for awhile, which isn't quite the same because we called out as opposed to people calling in. And people REALLY hate telemarketers, so I took a lot of abuse from people over the phone. The company I worked for had a TON of turnover because they'd hire anyone and once people realized how boring the job was, they'd quit. If it's a legitimate company, give it a shot. Why not? Better than nothing.

bunnyxlover
by hippity hop on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:15 PM

hopefully you have good customer service experience and lots of phone skills

i went for a call center job once and they didnt like that i answered the phone at my previous job about 15 times a day, even though i had 7years customer service under my belt

pfft, i got a job as a receptionist/ switchboard operator.. they should see me now, i answer over 200 calls a day if not more

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)