Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shocked and disgusted by the amount of women here who think anyone has a "right" to be in the delivery room.

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM
  • 396 Replies
68 moms liked this

s/o from another thread.  And honestly I am surprised and completely digusted that so many women here think that anyone has a right to be in the delivery room that mom doesn't want there.

We are people, not baby machines.

Delivery is a vulnerable, physically difficult and stressful time. 

Not too long ago NO ONE was allowed in the delivery room whether mom wanted them or not.

At what point did a woman giving birth stop being a person with diginity, privacy and her own rights?  

At what point did MIL's and ex spouses gain the right to see a woman with her gentitals splayed, in the most vulnerable and physically challenging moment of her life whether they were wanted there or not?

What is so wrong with someone waiting outside the delivery room in the hallway?

JE ME SOUVIENS

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM
I agree!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't let my son's dad in the delivery room. He was pissed. I don't care, I wasn't in a relationship. It's MY body.

Closet_Case
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I and only I decide who is going to be in that room, and right now it's only going to be me and my fiancé.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM
8 moms liked this

My husband and I deliver our children alone and then call family when we're settled in.  There is no need for the spectacle, everyone will see the baby in due time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM
8 moms liked this

I agree. Giving birth is not a spectator sport.

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Agreed.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I agree with you.

Closet_Case
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM
And that includes all those students they tried to parade into the OR last time I had a C-Section!!! I was so pissed bc they brought them in AFTER I was too doped up to care!!
Tigress22304
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM
2 moms liked this

my ex wasn't with me when I had DD9-that was my choice

MIL wasn't allowed when DH"s ex wife gave birth-that was her choice

I love how ppl were saying they were gonna be in the room with my sister when SHE gave birth (like our cousin who had nothing to do with my sister or our family)

it's that sense of entitlement coming into play....honestly if my MIL tried to come into my delivery room-she'd get peened with a bedpan!!

MajikMcGuffin
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Child birth is not a spectator sport in my world.   No one needed to see or be a part of that other than my husband and the doctor. And my husband was negotiable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured