Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can you get pink eye in one eye?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

My daughter woke up and told me her eye was red. I looked and one eye was blood shot red. My daughter had a fever Friday and got sent home from school. She has not had a fever since Friday. But she has been coughing and sneezing. Is it possible to get pink eye in one eye? Should I just keep her home or take her to school and ask her school nurse if I should take her to the doctor?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:03 AM
Yes, it's possible.

http://www.cdc.gov/features/conjunctivitis/?mobile=nocontent
jojo_382
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:03 AM
yes and if I were you take her to the doctors
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:06 AM
Yes. Call the doctor and make her an appointment!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jdy9440
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Yes, no school, just Dr.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:10 AM
She needs to see a doctor and get medication (eye drops.) Pink eye is highly contagious, so she should not go to school. Also, make sure she doesn't rub her eyes. It could spread to the other eye, or infect other people in the household when she touches her eye and then other things around the house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:10 AM

That is what I am going to do. I do want to risk her infecting other kids with pink eye.  

Quoting jdy9440:

Yes, no school, just Dr.

jdy9440
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:12 AM

That's good to hear because that spreads like crazy. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That is what I am going to do. I do want to risk her infecting other kids with pink eye.  

Quoting jdy9440:

Yes, no school, just Dr.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:13 AM

I am about to have a baby in 12 days. Should I get everyone tested for it in the house just in case? I will send her to the pediatrician tommorow though.

Quoting Anonymous:

She needs to see a doctor and get medication (eye drops.) Pink eye is highly contagious, so she should not go to school. Also, make sure she doesn't rub her eyes. It could spread to the other eye, or infect other people in the household when she touches her eye and then other things around the house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:14 AM

I will call her school in the morning and tell them I am taking her to the pediatrician to make sure she does not have pink eye. 

Quoting jdy9440:

That's good to hear because that spreads like crazy. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jdy9440:

Yes, no school, just Dr.

liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Yes, I have a chronic pink eye (it's called Vernal <sp> conjunctivitis).  I don't always have it, but it reoccurs frequently, and only in right eye.  (Unless I'm a doofus and rub my left eye when I have it and pass it on.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)