Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Christmas for our kids....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies
2 moms liked this

This year we decided no electronics for the kids for Christmas.  No video games or movies either.  We want things they can all interact with.  Our kids are dd10, ds9, and dd6. 

We are getting all three bikes as their big gift.

All three are also getting nerf guns, walkie talkies, board games, and some random sports equipment.

Any other ideas?

Each is also getting stuff according to their interests, books, and craft stuff.

I am looking for some other stuff that is family oriented and that they can do together. 

All have birthdays very close to Christmas so that is when they will get electronics, movies, or video games they want.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:02 AM

bump

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Idk I decided this year I wasn't going to worry with shopping for them. I'm just giving them cash and we will take them shopping after Christmas.That way they get what they want and they have time to spend with mom and dad since the new baby will be here right before and steal all the Christmas thunder.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:07 AM
2 moms liked this

I think mine would honestly be upset about cash.  They don't really care what it is they get...they are appreicative of whatever.  But they love opening and seeing what we picked for them.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Idk I decided this year I wasn't going to worry with shopping for them. I'm just giving them cash and we will take them shopping after Christmas.That way they get what they want and they have time to spend with mom and dad since the new baby will be here right before and steal all the Christmas thunder.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:07 AM
I always get a board game. This year its monopoly, something we can all do together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Light.Shine
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Ours are getting Legos and books.  That's all they wanted this year!  I got them some nerf bows and science kits that I also thought they would like.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Oh yes mine were upset at first but after explaining they will have stuff under the tree from grandparents and aunts and uncles and we will have them two things under the tree. A DVD player and a movie each.
The rest we are going to let them pick themselves. And that excites them lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I think mine would honestly be upset about cash.  They don't really care what it is they get...they are appreicative of whatever.  But they love opening and seeing what we picked for them.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Toys R Us was having a huge board game sale yesterday.  I bought 6 of them.

Quoting thenameshailie:

I always get a board game. This year its monopoly, something we can all do together.

crackerjack728
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:39 AM

This honestly makes me sad. You're kids look young in the picture. 

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:40 AM
I have a 6 year old DD and she wants that pink nerf gun.

Get them old fashioned games like marbles, jacks, exploring with magnifying glasses, Chinese checkers
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Legos are awesome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)