Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When does yours arrive? I am not sure why but I am sooo excited for Christmas this year.

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Replies (21-30):
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I am not a fan of it either.

Quoting Momsold:

I think, if your kids are badly behaved enough that you have to buy an elf, stick it somewhere and tell the kids it reports back to Santa, Christmas is the least of your worries.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PandTsmomjuly
by Florence on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Not sure if she's coming the day after Thanksgiving or December 1. She leaves on Christmas Eve when Mrs Claus drops off their Christmas Eve gifts.

awesomemommy2
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Hate the elf. 

There is enough to keep track of at christmas with the whole Santa and reindeers "stories" without adding any more characters into the myth.   

Foleygirl24
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Ours come the day after Thanksgiving.

SciFiMama91
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanksgiving night. We don't do it the usual way though.
Foleygirl24
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM

This.

Quoting Anonymous:

I keep seeing this and I'm confused. Is that what he's supposed to be for? Ours just comes for fun and good times. I'm as excited as my kids are to see him again and stay up late to make him do goofy things.

Quoting Momsold:

I think, if your kids are badly behaved enough that you have to buy an elf, stick it somewhere and tell the kids it reports back to Santa, Christmas is the least of your worries.

PandTsmomjuly
by Florence on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

We didn't get it because of bad kids, we got it because my son's Grandmother said that Christmas wasn't a real holiday and totally bummed my (then) 4 yr old son to the point where he didn't want anything to do with the holiday.

Getting the Elf brought back the excitement for my kids (even the one that no longer believes in Santa).

Frosty doesn't just move at night. She moves every chance I get to move her so the kids are constantly on the look out for her.

It's really helped my son get back into the joyful spirit of the time. My kids know they will get gifts no matter how bad or good they are. But they are also expected to GIVE gifts as well. Losing the joy made my son not want to do that but Frosty helped him get it back.

There are other reasons for having an elf besides bribing your kids to be good big smile mini

Quoting Momsold:

Barronbaby
by Brandi on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
In December 1st kids are pumped to have our little visitor! We don't use it for behavior, just a fun new tradition! Dh is excited to see what mischief our little elf gets into, I notice it helps with his whole grinch attitude as well!
dawnjohnson5
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
We bring her out the day after Thanksgiving.

SciFiMama91
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
We don't do it that way. He comes each day with a treat and a mission from the north pole. He takes messages and stories of our missions to Santa and brings DS letters back.

Quoting Momsold:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN