Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When does yours arrive? I am not sure why but I am sooo excited for Christmas this year.

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Replies (41-50):
Liastele
by Lauren on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids are delightful and well behaved. Elf on the Shelf is my favorite Christmas "thing" because its fun for us and the kids. We put major effort into our elf every night because it brings JOY to everyone.

You sound like you could use some joy.

Quoting Momsold:

I think, if your kids are badly behaved enough that you have to buy an elf, stick it somewhere and tell the kids it reports back to Santa, Christmas is the least of your worries.

Kaitlin123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I was going to buy Elf on the Shelf on Amazon but I really don't like him. He's creepy looking
Heymamashakeit
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
December 1st! My DD is so excited for Cherry to come back!
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM

We don't do Elf on the Shelf, (I never even heard of it until last year on CM) but my husband said the same thing when I explained it to him. I think if we ever did do it, we would leave the "reporting to Santa" out of it. 

Quoting Momsold:

I think, if your kids are badly behaved enough that you have to buy an elf, stick it somewhere and tell the kids it reports back to Santa, Christmas is the least of your worries.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Elfie comes out of the box when we put up decorations. Which is usually the weekend of Thanksgiving. We have had a couple of times he has come out later.

Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Morning after Thanksgiving he will be here with a note from Santa.
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
She'll fly in on Thanksgiving. She'll be waiting when we get home from dinner.
SciFiMama91
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM
If it's something you really wanted to try you can buy an ol elf and make your own tradition. Ours brings missions from the North Pole. :)

Quoting CrimsonRose01:We don't do Elf on the Shelf, (I never even heard of it until last year on CM) but my husband said the same thing when I explained it to him. I think if we ever did do it, we would leave the "reporting to Santa" out of it. Quoting Momsold:I think, if your kids are badly behaved enough that you have to buy an elf, stick it somewhere and tell the kids it reports back to Santa, Christmas is the least of your worries.
Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Quoting Momsold:

Our Elf doesn't report on behavior. He is sent here to spread good cheer and encourage the family (by sharing books and news articles) to think of others and do acts of kindness for them. He's also just for good plain fun b/c he gets into stuff and acts silly. :)
Momsold
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:45 AM

And perhaps the Elf on the Shelf can be used to curb Mommy's behaviour too.

Get over it.  It's an opnion.  If you need to resort to a nasty retort I'm not the one who needs the joy.

Quoting Liastele:

My kids are delightful and well behaved. Elf on the Shelf is my favorite Christmas "thing" because its fun for us and the kids. We put major effort into our elf every night because it brings JOY to everyone.

You sound like you could use some joy.

Quoting Momsold:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)