Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When does yours arrive? I am not sure why but I am sooo excited for Christmas this year.

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Replies (91-99):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:28 AM

no, its pretty much anywhere....not just CM.    however, you DO get called out on being a bitch on CM.

Quoting Momsold:

Only on Cafemom does stating an opinion mean I'm PMS'ing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who ever said that was the reason they buy them?   I am getting one this year and my daughter is an angel.  Its about getting them excited for Christmas Day and celebrating the magic of it while they are still young.  Take a Midol.... 

Quoting Momsold:

I think, if your kids are badly behaved enough that you have to buy an elf, stick it somewhere and tell the kids it reports back to Santa, Christmas is the least of your worries.

LSeabolt1982
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Have you seen on pinterested making elf donuts out of cheerios.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I am the queen of elf on the shelf.

I'm just so freaking competitive that it bleeds into this, too.

I've got my oma sewing a tiny duffel bag today and my mom has crocheted a tiny scarf, boots, and little undies to go inside of it.

The undies are hilarious!

Quoting LilliesValley:

i've atually got some cool new ideas for what to do with ours this year. Snowflake is taking it up a notch this year!

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Yessss!!! I was JUST talking to my oma about that not 10 minutes ago! She's my elf co-conspirator and she loves EOTS as much as I do. :D

Quoting LSeabolt1982:

AVE SATANAS!
LSeabolt1982
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM

We got our elf the middle of Dec last year so I just kinds moved her from location to location. This year I am doing all the cutesy stuff. I cant wait to color our milk green. LOL

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Yessss!!! I was JUST talking to my oma about that not 10 minutes ago! She's my elf co-conspirator and she loves EOTS as much as I do. :D

Quoting LSeabolt1982:

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Heehee :D

There's tons of pinterest and tumblr groups dedicated to ideas if you start running out of them!

Quoting LSeabolt1982:

We got our elf the middle of Dec last year so I just kinds moved her from location to location. This year I am doing all the cutesy stuff. I cant wait to color our milk green. LOL

AVE SATANAS!
LilliesValley
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

awesome. i love the garden idea. my dd1 will be out in the snow digging in our garden. i just did a google search and found some more fun ideas. i'm super excited now and since dd2 is only a few weeks old and gets me up to bf at least twice a night these should be easy to get done as long as i'm prepared!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

oh dude, happy to help!

Have him ring the doorbell the first night he shows up with gifts from Mrs. Claus and a note from her about how she'd like to see her children south of the Pole warm and snuggly. Pack the boxes with new jammies, a christmas themed movie, hot cocoa, and popcorn.

Grow a Candy Cane Garden by having them plant candy-cane shaped sprinkles in dry oatmeal, "water" them with powdered sugar, then overnight stick candy-canes into the oatmeal and you've got a magical candy garden that grew overnight!!!

Quoting LilliesValley:

you MUST post a pic of this at some point. please share other ideas. i'm upping my game but i'm not great about it. please share!

LavonC
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh!   I love it, I love it, I love it.  Thank you so much.  Great idea!!!

Quoting SciFiMama91:

This year the missions so far will be to
take cookies to a senior home
take presents to the hospital
take cat and dog treats to the shelter
donate books, clothes, and toys to a domestic violence center
give out a gift, meals and hot chocolate to the homeless
pass out candy canes at the mall
decorate and write 100 holiday cards to leave in people's mailboxes

I've got to come up with a lot more but I just started planning it yesterday.

Quoting LavonC:

Sounds very interesting,  what kinds of missions?

Quoting SciFiMama91:

If it's something you really wanted to try you can buy an ol elf and make your own tradition. Ours brings missions from the North Pole

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Quoting rpmom30:

The day after thanksgiving.

nichole_erin
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Roger comes out either the day after thanksgiving or December 1st. I've never focused on the behavior reporting part of the elf, it's just for fun in my house. I have a friend that tries to ruin the magic whenever she comes over though. The first time she saw we had him, she PICKED HIM UP and squeezed him right in front of my dd. She says stuff like, "I wouldn't buy such an overpriced toy just to move him around every night." And "My mil bought the reindeer version to use at her house but she forgets to move him". And I'm just like ..."let's change the subject." She totally misses the point that the kids are supposed to believe this elf is real and magical. I can't call her out and say "shut up, youre ruining it" without my dd realizing what's going on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)