Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Non biological father with visitation rights?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies
Ok so my ex has been there simce my dd was born. He has always stepped up to the father role for her even when I didn't really want him to. Dd started calling him daddy on her own, no encouragement from either of us, when she was 2. She is now 5 and we have been split up for 5 months now.
I was letting the ex still see her a couple times a week. He would come get her in the late morning and bring herhome and put her to bed .
It was working out great.
Now I have a new boyfriend. He hasnt been around dd much and not in a mommys boyfriend sense. We were with my sister and her husband at a bbq. He played with all the kids.
Anyway, dd said something to the ex about him. And being the jealous ass that he is he told her she wasn't allowed to talk to him. Ever since then she has been coming home from his house saying stuff like daddy wishes we could live together again.
I blew up at him the last time and he tried lying telling me that dd was the one starting the convos and saying she had told him that I told her wished I could love him but I can't right now.
Well I know for a fact that isn't true since dd doesn't have the capacity to come up with that on her own and I would never say something like that to her. For one it isn't true and two I care more about her emotional well being than to confuse her with crap like that.
Anyway, so my question is do I stop letting dd see him or talk to him? Or do I just tear him a new one and continue on?
If I stop letting him see her how do I explain it to her? He is the only father figure she has ever known and her sperm donor will never see her since he is spending the rest of his life in jail. (No I will not get into it) so probably the only one she will know.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Yeah I know its long.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:00 AM
11 moms liked this

Stop playing house with men

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for your useless opinion that doubled as a bump. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Stop playing house with men

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Don't let the new dude tell you what to do mama!

SpnFulOfSugar
1 mom liked this
In your situation I would allow her to see him, I would lay down some ground rules about talking about you but in her eyes he's her father.
lovemymini
What did your DD say about your new BF to your ex?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:05 AM
7 moms liked this
It's your own damn fault. Why in the world, if you've only been spilt for 5months, is this new boyfriend even around her? Let alone why would you be dating a man who felt it was okay to say something like that to your daughter?

You played house with a man for three years, a man who apparently raised a child who wasn't his own during that time and still wants to be around her. Yet you have to even question if you should cut off contact???

There is so much going on here. Stop bringing these men, who you aren't going to marry around your daughter.
CrimsonGrace
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have a talk with him, but I would still allow her to see him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I would still let her see him..she sees him as daddy..I think that would be traumatizing for her to never see him again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured