Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Neighbors having loud sex and the kids could hear it WWYD?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:55 AM
  • 162 Replies
On my way to class this morning I was listening to the morning radio show. Today they got a hold of a note written by a woman who has neighbors that have loud sex. Her bedroom is above theirs and her kids play and watch tv in her room from time to time. Well it just so happened that while her kids were watching tv the neighbors started having sex very loudly. The oldest child asked the mother why the neighbors were doing. According to the note she didn't want to have the sex talk so she came up with this reply. She stated in the note that she told her child that the neighbor man was beating his girlfriend. She then thanked the neighbor for giving her a good opportunity to talk to her children about domestic violence.
If I had been that woman I wouldn't have handled that situation in this way. Ten again see doesn't embarrass me. Why would you have done? Do you have neighbors that have loud sex? If so how do you handle it?
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
3 moms liked this
I would have said they were wrestling & ushered the kids into another room. As for how to bring it up to the neighbor, I got nothin. Lol
Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I had this problem as well once. I use to babysit this mans kids  and the neighborswould have LOUD sex above us! Well finally I went up and said something.  If they do not  quit it down call the police.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:58 AM
6 moms liked this
I wouldn't have said that he was beating her.That's just wrong. Have the sex talk or just say your not sure and take them to a different room
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:59 AM
14 moms liked this

Really irresponsible for her to lie and say domestic violence. The kids probably will later wonder how they can sit there and allow that to happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this
I am the neighbor having loud sex ;) I would never tell ny child that because well, it was inappropriate. an age appropriate answer would be that there are games that only grownups are allowed to play and they were playing that game.

if I had received the note I would be PISSED. saying that someone is abusive when they are not is NEVER a good idea. all it takes is one rumor to ruin a reputation
smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:00 AM
11 moms liked this
How the fuck did her saying he was beating his girl make that situation better? Lol
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:01 AM
4 moms liked this
I just would have said that I wasnt sure what they were doing because we cant see them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bleumonster
If the kids were under 8, I would have said they must be yelling at each other. Older than 8, then I might have been more honest.
bleumonster
That's what I was wondering. How was that better to tell your kids than sex?

Quoting smurfbitebug:

How the fuck did her saying he was beating his girl make that situation better? Lol

.Zombie.Girl.
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:03 AM
3 moms liked this

Da fuk?

Yes, tell the kids that an innocent man is beating his wife. What happened to the simple "Oh they must be playing around or wrestling"... or must be watching a movie and so on?

There is so many things you can say that doesn't make someone look like an evil person. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)