Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breastfeeding vs. Sexuality

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 167 Replies

Okay, so I know people are going to have some strong convictions on this topic, but hopefully everyone can be respectful in sharing their points of view.

I am aware that the first use of breasts is supposed to be for nurturing a baby.  However, for the first however many years of my life, they have been used for sexual purposes.  

I don't have a child yet, but I am pretty sure I'm not going to breastfeed because I cannot wrap my brain around my breasts being for foreplay, then for feeding, then back to foreplay - it's just too strange for me and I'm really not comfortable with the whole thing.  I am not against other women breastfeeding, it is everyone's own personal choice, but it's just not for me.

Has anyone else had this conflict within themselves, and did you overcome it somehow?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:21 AM
18 moms liked this

I didn't have this conflict.

Body parts are multipurpose.

You can put a penis in your mouth and still kiss your kid with it. I see no difference.

J-KsMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:21 AM
4 moms liked this
Once you actually have a baby it is clear and a non issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Im kinda the same way but it boils down to be being sexually touched years ago
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:22 AM
3 moms liked this

first, if you are not a mom yet, why are you on cafeMOM?

and my boobs were off limits for foreplay while nursing. For those 18 mos, their job were to nourish my son.

CelestialSong
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Personally, while I was breastfeeding, I had zero interest in my breasts reverting back to "toys". They were off limits until my daughter weaned, and a little longer to readjust. It'll be the same deal with this next baby.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:23 AM

those words totally do not go together at all

starbuckmom03
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Once I became a mom, my breasts were for my child first and foremost. My dh had no issue with that and neither did I.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:24 AM
3 moms liked this

You pee out of your urethtra and then when youre having sex that whole area gets aroused and touched. Its similar to that. You dont get aroused when peeing and you dont think about peeing when youre having sex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
You sound very immature. Hope you feel differently when baby arrives.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Right now my boobs are an absolute no touching zone! It doesn't even sound pleasurable
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)