Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i dont know what to do! help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
My kids don't listen to df or myself. All the other adults in their lives think they are the most well behaved children ever but df and I disagree... I don't know what to do anymore. They wake up WAY to early and stomp around. We need them quiet until at least 7 am due to our landlords (and general courtesy of others) but they are up at 5 stomping and banging around. They refused to pick up their toys so they have none. Ds (7) snuck two of his trucks so now they are in the garbage. He yells and screams when he gets in trouble. Last night I took away going to the boys and girls club after school because he wasn't listening and threw a HUGE tantrum when he had to go to new early. I'm at a loss for what to do. I'm ready to throw out all their toys and cancel Christmas. HELP!!!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:47 AM

obviously your punishments aren't enough...why not incorporate some household chores into the punishment?

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Parenting classes and be consistent. If you're really being consistent this wouldn't be happening in my experience.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Two reasons, first they already do chores (two on school days and three on no school days) and second they enjoy chores. I have also tried rewarding them with money, treats, special toys, trips to their favorite places. I feel like we have tried it all but nothing works. I'm ready to send my oldest (7) to boot camp and my middle (4) to her dads house!!! Okay not seriously but I'm just so frustrated!!

Quoting Anonymous:

obviously your punishments aren't enough...why not incorporate some household chores into the punishment?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:58 AM

then it's time for physical punishments or writing punishments...have them do push ups or sit ups, or make a 'consequence jar'--for every misdeed, they take a consequence out of the jar 

Quoting Anonymous:

Two reasons, first they already do chores (two on school days and three on no school days) and second they enjoy chores. I have also tried rewarding them with money, treats, special toys, trips to their favorite places. I feel like we have tried it all but nothing works. I'm ready to send my oldest (7) to boot camp and my middle (4) to her dads house!!! Okay not seriously but I'm just so frustrated!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I take one parenting class every month at dd preschool and have completed many more over the years. I firmly believe even people with well behaved children should take them. As for being consistent, I don't know how to be any MORE consistent than I am. A big part of it with my 4year old is that she goes back and forth from my house and daddy's house spending 3 days at one and four at the other, then switching 4 days at one and 3 at the other. Then she comes home and sees big brother behaving so she follows suite.

Quoting LilliesValley:

Parenting classes and be consistent. If you're really being consistent this wouldn't be happening in my experience.

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:51 AM

you are up against a wall then bc you can't control what goes on at dads. is dad open to same or similar rules. it sucks bc you are providing consistency then but her life is full of inconsistency.

Quoting Anonymous:

I take one parenting class every month at dd preschool and have completed many more over the years. I firmly believe even people with well behaved children should take them. As for being consistent, I don't know how to be any MORE consistent than I am. A big part of it with my 4year old is that she goes back and forth from my house and daddy's house spending 3 days at one and four at the other, then switching 4 days at one and 3 at the other. Then she comes home and sees big brother behaving so she follows suite.

Quoting LilliesValley:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)