Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate getting this brat up in the morning

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies
I hate it! She is such a brat!!!!!!
We pick an outfit the night before and every morning she is complaining, whining and throwing a fit about what she is wearing. About brushing her tteeth and doing her hair. Iam so fed up.

I ended up letting her pick her outfit but she brushed he teeth and let me do her hair. Since her throwing her fit and changing ran us a little late she missed breakfast at school and play time before school as her punishment *she ate at home but enjoys playing with her friends and having breakfast with them.. I told her every day she throws a fit she will miss play recess. I also made her write 10 times that she will behave each morning. Idk if it mattered to her though.

Update:she is 6 in kindergarten. .this is new to the both of us, she is not a morning person, she is good through out the day just her attitude in the morning always has us dashing out the door to get her to her first recess/breakfast on time. I think I will let her sleep in but she enjoys the time she spends with her friends before school. I also doubt the extra sleep would change anything. She is In bed at 8 asleep at latest 830 up at 640 and out the door at 710, breakfast starts at 725 and school starts at 8.

update 2...put her into bed at 7 and she was out at 730 when I checked on her. Way easier than I thought it would be. Will get her up at 630 to give her a bit more time to wake up in the morning. Keep the advice coming.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM
My DD is the same way but she is 6 years old and I would never ever call my child a brat!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Does she go to bed early enough? Maybe she's not getting enough sleep
Apgsteenmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:51 AM

lOL i Wonder if you are my mom...

hmmm

my sister is the worst in the morning, my mom try's over and over again to wake her up, (it goes on for an hour)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:52 AM
8pm up at 640.

Quoting Anonymous:

photomom1979
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:52 AM
My 15 year old is that way. I dread mornings..... I have to basically stand over her to make sure she gets up and ready.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Well good for you im just calling it as I see it.

Quoting Anonymous:

My DD is the same way but she is 6 years old and I would never ever call my child a brat!

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM
3 moms liked this
Maybe its time to stop making it a fight. Remind her every few minutes, and if she doesn't do it, she gets to go to school in jammies with gross breath and bed head.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:55 AM
4 moms liked this

Yea. I filled a spray bottle with water one time and sprayed them. Now, they're up when I am.

BobKitten13
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Spray bottle works wonders. Lol i know the feeling. One morning dd 5 wasnt getting up so i pulled all the covers off her bed. She said she was not getting up but she did to get the blankets so i told her if she got dressed she could have them. She did and i gave them to her and said now make your bed. It worked. But bc of the problems i had to start getting her up at 515 for awhile. Now she gets up at 6:30 and is out the door by 7:10 without rushing or problems.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Mine is on a similar schedule. I put her clothes in the bathroom shoes and all, then she emerges fully ready.

Maybe try a really loud alarm clock for her to wake up. And then little kitchen timers and when it beeps she has to be done getting ready or eating etc...

Quoting Anonymous:

8pm up at 640.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured