Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

people who can't afford Christmas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies
4 moms liked this

I don't think everyone starts out the year not being prepared. Some of you don't realize that within a year a lot can happen. You can be prepared and something can come up  that can cause problems. Yes you can put money back but then something happens and  there goes the money you put back. 

You can have a job lose, to car repairs to and emergency. all of that can take you  from the money that you put back.

Then you have the ones who can't put money back. They struggle  to buy food and pay bill, much less put money back for Christmas.  Or even buying stuff throughout the year. while you may be able to see something on clearance and get it someone else can be grocery shopping and see something but they are on a set budget of what they can buy, so while it may only cost $5 or $10; that $5 or $10 comes out of their grocery money and can't do it.

Then you have the ones who have older children.  preteen and teens. what they like and will even play with will change throughout the year. so a toy that costs a couple of dollars from the store will be a waste because by christmas, they won't even like it anymore.

Then you have the ones here on cafemom who bitch and think if you are on PA that you are not allowed to put money back for Christmas. I was on food stamps last year, I am no longer on them. but i made a post that i bought Christmas with money i put back from my change and i was told that i was screwing the system because i saved all of my change and bought Christmas with it.

Anyways, there are plenty of reason that can cause someone to not be able to provide Christmas present for their children. It isn't always black and white.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Amen to that.

The 6K we had in savings in June is gone. It happens. I'll build it back up, but it's going to take some time.

KnittinMama
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:19 PM
10 moms liked this
I don't see why xmas has to cost a dime, personally.
TotallyTweedles
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I remember a christmas where the only big gifts (by big I mean something over $20) we got were from others because my dad was overseas and mom was injured. We each got a few dollars to spend on each other at the dollar tree. We understood the situation but made he best of it. Where there is a will there's a way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I agree
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Oh well, if you have no money to feed your kids, you have no money for useless toys. Some of you folks need to get on Guidecentral or Pinterest and learn how to make stuff for cheap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM
There's always a way. I had a baby last year who was born very sick and was in the hospital far away from home. The hospital bills were hundreds of thousands of dollars and all 3 kids had a good Christmas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:25 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:29 PM

bump

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Some ideas too are enter.contests in your free time year round, get freebies, use money and gift card card sites like swag bucks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I will look into that .

Quoting RiahB:

http://MyTaskPay.com/?id=mariamor102089

Go to this website they allow you to simply post a link on social media and for every click you earn $$$ 5 until you have reached $500 they cut you a check no sign up its free just click nothing else ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)