Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SO, kinda. Separate beds?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM
  • 10 Replies
I kinda think I wouldn't mind having separate beds. My DH sweats so much at night, it can soak the bed. He also talks in his sleep very loudly, and flails. During the summer he works nights, so I have the bed to myself. I gotta tell ya', I sleep so much better alone.
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:34 AM

kinda why I chose to work nights myself--he is a snorer and he also gets really hot as well.

Liz_Rocket
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Would you have seperate rooms or just seperate beds? I wish I had my own bedroom.
CuriousArentYa
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I sleep a lot better the nights that he isn't here, so I think separate rooms might work. I think I would sleep better in the same bed with him if we had a king size instead of a queen. 

Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:39 AM

A  lot  of  people do it.   It  doesn't  mean  you  don't  love each other.     My  ex;''s  parents  have  been married   for 50  years and  they sleep in separate  rooms  because  he  snores and  talks so loudly  in his sleep.  Twin beds are nice.  You  get  just  the right amount  of covers... lol

Liz_Rocket
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I would turn my room into a lofty boudair and make it look like a turn of the century Georgia whore house. I'd seduce him into my room every night and make him leave before we fell asleep. I think this is a fantastic idea!
waytomanykids10
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:46 AM

My husband I share a bed but we specifically got a king so we could have plenty of space between us. I can't stand being touched when I sleep.  I actually like the idea of separate beds.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:48 AM

That would never work for me, and DH wouldn't have it. BUT he is gone for work now for 3 days and I will enjoy having the bed to myself for a bit : )

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:48 AM
I don't sleep well when he's not next to me. Especially in the winter because he keeps me warm. :)
wiersma98
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I would hate it.   Lying in bed at night is some of our best time together -- we talk, and laugh (sometimes so hard the entire bed shakes), and hold hands.   Then he puts on his c-pap (no more snoring)! and I flip over, cause I don't like to be touched when I'm sleeping either (except for the times in the middle of the night he'll reach over and pat my butt).    I think I'd really miss him if we slept apart -- and I wonder if it wouldn't be detrimental to our marriage.   We feel very close to each other the way we sleep now.

ARACMOM
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:51 AM
I would love that. I sleep better alone. I hate to be touched. Lately, dh has been sleeping in ds' bed because we are night weaning and decided to get him in his own bed. I haven't slept this good in years
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN