Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're not a spanker

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
And your child's grandparent knows this, but you see the grandparent spank them WWYD?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skittleshawk
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM

grandparent  arent allowed alone with kids or we stop visits

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Nothing. My kids grandparents won't discipline my kids in a way I don't like. It's not something I worry about.
wiersma98
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

If we were at the grandparent's home, and grandparent felt the need to spank the kid, then I would strongly recommend said kid NOT do whatever it was that made grandparent spank kid.

Or you could over-react and threaten not to visit anymore, because that's in the kid's best interests.....  (*eye roll*)

o.O....
by Cara on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Luckily I've never had to deal with that situation because my parents respect the way that I choose to parent.

Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Quoting wiersma98:

If we were at the grandparent's home, and grandparent felt the need to spank the kid, then I would strongly recommend said kid NOT do whatever it was that made grandparent spank kid.

Or you could over-react and threaten not to visit anymore, because that's in the kid's best interests.....  (*eye roll*)

What a horrible and stupid thing to say. Do you actually have children? *shudder*

I would tell them if it happens again they can not see my child alone anymore. That's what a responsible parent would do. SMH

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:38 AM

WOah that would not be cool. I would talk to them about it later, unless the kid needed that reprimand badly. I can't imagine a situation where it would have gotten to that point. When my kids were little I was on their asses at all times around other people, teaching them to be respectful.

Islandmom2boys
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:39 AM
We do not spank anymore but my parents still believe in it. If my children ever do anything that my parents thought they needed a spanking for, then someone gets a spanking.

But truthfully, my children really never need to be disciplined.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Lol bullshit.

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

Quoting wiersma98:

What a horrible and stupid thing to say. Do you actually have children? *shudder*

I would tell them if it happens again they can not see my child alone anymore. That's what a responsible parent would do. SMH

yo_ho
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I would tell them we don't spank. How they react is how I react next.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:42 AM

First time, I'd speak to grandparents, reinforce our rules, let them know that they need to respect and adhere to them. 

Second time, visits would only be with a parent present. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)