Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 18 year old DD is pregnant with her 3rd baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 284 Replies
2 moms liked this

She left home at 16 we tried to convince her to come home but she wanted to live with her loser boyfriend. I tried to get her on birth control she said she would handle it herself. Well she didnt and got pregnant with twins. Now she is 18 and pregnant again by another bf. 

They are already having realtionship issues which isnt a surprise because they had only been dating a few months before she found out she was pregnant. 

I feel so bad for her but I mostly feel bad for her kids. I wish she would listen to advice from anyone to help get her life on track. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Okie-chick
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:08 AM
She didn't want to listen
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:14 AM
30 moms liked this

oh good grief.  Parenting fail.  At 16, you still had complete control over her, no matter what you say.  My dd started acting out, trying not to listen and that is when I took control of the issue. I did what I had to do to make her come to her senses. I will NEVER understand how minor children "just leave" on their own . At 18, there is not much you can do, but she pretty much ruined her life.  I have a 16 yr old and she would not be running off with a POS loser boyfriend.  She knows not to date boys beneath her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I had no control over her she left home. Here legally you can leave home at 16. There was nothing I could do to legally force her home and no amount of talking, heart to hearts, or anything made her come home. 

Quoting Anonymous:

oh good grief.  Parenting fail.  At 16, you still had complete control over her, no matter what you say.  My dd started acting out, trying not to listen and that is when I took control of the issue. I did what I had to do to make her come to her senses. I will NEVER understand how minor children "just leave" on their own . At 18, there is not much you can do, but she pretty much ruined her life.  I have a 16 yr old and she would not be running off with a POS loser boyfriend.  She knows not to date boys beneath her.

SageAdvice
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM
26 moms liked this

Life has a habit of teaching children the lessons we fail too. All you can do is be there with advice, if she ask, but let her fall down as much as needed and keeping getting back up, till she learns to use the crutches only life experience can provide.

Don't worry Grand mama, you're there if the children need a life boat .:o)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:16 AM
5 moms liked this

live and learn momma, live and learn...

She will one day realize she should have listened to you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

"we tried to convince her to come home"

And here lies the real problem.

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:17 AM
That she will..

Quoting Anonymous:

live and learn momma, live and learn...

She will one day realize she should have listened to you

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:17 AM
7 moms liked this
I still agree there was a parenting fail somewhere.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:19 AM

What more could we do? Here you can legally leave home at 16 so there was no way to actually force her home. Sure if we lived in the states we could have reported her as a runaway and got her home but we dont and there was nothing we could legally do 

Quoting Anonymous:

"we tried to convince her to come home"

And here lies the real problem.

susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:20 AM
7 moms liked this

Who is taking care of her children? Are they being abused or neglected? Can you get custody of them? It sounds like they have lived in chaos since birth and it's only going to get worse. I guarantee that if the mother is bringing home one loser boyfriend after another, sooner or later, something really bad is going to happen to those children, if it hasn't  already. Someone needs to make sure the kids are safe and taken care of. Loser daughter is not more important than they are, is an adult now and is making her own choices.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN