Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Incontinence...? TMI

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Incontinence...? TMId 2 kids one natural (7 years) the other c-section(4 years). Does this have anything to do with it? It wasnt common but it happened more than a couple times and past week ive been fighting a terrible cold with sneezing and coughing. The coughing is the worst because its uncontrollable and when im going through a long one im guaranteed to leak and its usually rnough to make me change my clothes. This is so embarassing no matter how common it is so sorry for the annomity. What are you excperences? Any suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:49 AM

After my hysterectomy I had those issues too. Extra weight will make it worse. Do kegels every day and strengthen those muscles

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Yep. I did kegels, tried everything.

Two bladder slings (pelvic mesh) later plus vesicare and I can say I'm not afraid to sneeze and pee anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:56 AM
I hope i dont have to get any surgeries :-/ ill have to do kegals.
ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Im sorry.. I giggled because Im waiting for my instructor and we had a test yesterday on elimination. Which divers incontinence lol. Ill read it now though

*okay.
Yes I've had this as well (two children the youngest 2 through vaginal delivery). I had horrible bladder control which recently happened and then went away. However i do still 'leak' when i sneeze or have a 'good' cough. Kegels has helped though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Oh good News! Yay!
SageAdvice
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:04 AM

You could have a falling bladder. A falling bladder, medically known as a cystocele or a prolapsed bladder, refers to a condition in which your bladder drops into your your vagina. This can be caused by Heavy lifting, menopause, giving birth and straining during bowel movements. Thankfully, surgery, pessary devices (device to support your bladder) and estrogen replacement therapy are available to treat cystocele symptoms.

Though I personally wouldn't use the estrogen replacement. Most times it's fixed with a quick surgery that pushes the bladder back where it should be, and then a mesh or your natural tissue is used to hold it in place. The meshes have been known to cause more problems though.

Let your OB-GYN know what's going on, and ask for advice on what to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Yeah... Its just through my experience with doctors ive had no problems solved only bills. If it doesnt get better with kegals than I will go to a dr. Because I definatly do not want it to keep happening. My husband sees me running to the bathroom after coughing for what seems like forever, not attractive lol.
SofiaK57
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM

So I had this too after my daughter was born, and I found this underwear brand that makes super absorbant lingerie and they're actually pretty cute. They're called Dear Kate and they make lacy, plain, and workout styles. I bought some for my friends last Christmas since we all had been dealing with this problem and they've all had good things to say too. They're also made to replace liners on light period days, so they're pretty serious haha. Meanwhile, I keep at it with Kegels and am hoping for the best... Good luck!!!

Osstie
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Do your kegals!
onaflowers
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 5:03 PM
I haven't peed my pants since I was pregnant, but it seems like since I had my daughter when I have to pee it becomes an emergency quickly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)