Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What if Heterosexual Marriage was illegal? Disgusting, perverted, a 'sin'?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM
  • 17 Replies

Very powerful

What are your thoughts guys?

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:55 AM

bump

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:24 PM

bump

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:28 PM
2 moms liked this

In my personal life, my religious values supersede the laws of the land. Therefore, I wouldn't care if someone else thought was I was doing was wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Find that funny because how then would we populate? Or is this assuming that humans are now asexual?
If that was the case no need for relationships at all then.

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM
They mention a breeding period in the video.

Quoting Anonymous:

Find that funny because how then would we populate? Or is this assuming that humans are now asexual?

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:49 PM
In the video ...heterosexuality is an abomination in the eyes of god.

If god wrote that if a man and a woman lie together..they have committed an abomination. Would you decide that you will love women instead?

If it was "Adam and STEVE not Adam and EVE!"

Quoting B1Bomber:

In my personal life, my religious values supersede the laws of the land. Therefore, I wouldn't care if someone else thought was I was doing was wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Buffers.too much on mobile. What did they say?

From a biological standpoint I'm interested. Asexual reproduction has its pros but the cons outweigh.

Even in whiptail lizards with their all female population it's asexual but a female mounts a female as a male would to stimulate her.

This being that I think from a bio standpoint since humans use sexual reproduction that homosexuality is a dead end, I don't care what people do.

Well I care when it affects me or someone is being blatantly abused but gay marriage? No. We aren't on the verge of extinction.

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Those completely opposed to homosexuality will never sympathize, no matter how many thought provoking things they see. Sad, but true.

Ray-of-Beezy
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Honestly? My opinion on the video is likely an unpopular one -- it was exactly what I expected it to be and it didn't really hit home, but perhaps that is because I already support equality.

I'm just one of those people who don't have an imagination and prefer documentaries or real events, and people to be noted in order to be moved.
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Basically it was a short video (20 minutes) that gave a view of a world where men married men and women married women.

First person narrative..by a girl who realized for the first time at a very young age.. that she wasn't like everyone else, that she liked boys.

Playing house as a young kid she suggests that she and another boy be the mommy and daddy. The other kids tell her she's gross and weird and leave saying "gross. We don't play with breeders."

Her parents..two women, we're not accepting of heterosexuality..but she hadn't come out to them yet. There were conversations like
"oh..a Hetero couple moved in down the street?"
"How do you know they were"
"I saw them getting out of their car. He had his arm around her and kissed her. And they had a pink ad blue sticker on their bumper"
"Well that's pretty blatant don't you think?"
"I want you kids walking the other way to school now. I don't care that it's longer, I don't want you exposed to that perversion"

The girl wanted to do theater..her moms said she needed to try harder in football, because theater is for boys. Eventually..she finds a boy who likes girls too. But word gets around and he pretends he's grossed out by her. She's harassed by her classmates, and a teacher assures her it's a phase.

At the end she is basically bullied and beat up by a group of girls. They write "Hetero" on her forehead. When she gets home one mom tries to comfort her...but the other tells her to go upstairs and clean herself up. "Tomorrow you're starting karate." In the bathroom she has a breakdown and attempt suicide.

It's a really sad look at the loneliness that kids feel growing up in a society where they are shamed for who they are. Really sad :(.

Quoting Anonymous:

Buffers.too much on mobile. What did they say?

From a biological standpoint I'm interested. Asexual reproduction has its pros but the cons outweigh.

Even in whiptail lizards with their all female population it's asexual but a female mounts a female as a male would to stimulate her.

This being that I think from a bio standpoint since humans use sexual reproduction that homosexuality is a dead end, I don't care what people do.

Well I care when it affects me or someone is being blatantly abused but gay marriage? No. We aren't on the verge of extinction.

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)