Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My brother's step kids aren't getting presents from me this year.

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 47 Replies

I'm reality, I'm not in to Christmas at all this year. I reallyv don't care for the gift giving. I'm usually super in to it and spend a while planning the perfect gifts. This year, I just don't really care. It's probably because Im might not even be there for Christmas this year, so what's the point in really caring?

I'm doing the bare minimum for everyone, including my own child. I'm only getting presents for my brother and his family, my other brother and his wife, my nephew, my parents and my child. 

Now, before people flip shit about how I'm treating them differently-these aren't my kids. I don't owe them anything. If they were ungrateful little brats I'd care more, but I don't. I also never get these people anything. I've never bought a present for my brother or his wife (I did before he became a dumbass married that disgusting excuse for a woman) or his step kids. Why? Because my brother brags about how anything someone one gets them, goes back to the store for money anyway. So why would I put work and effort in to gift giving for them? 

My brother has a son that everyone seems to forget about, expect my dad. My nephew is pushed aside at his dad's and it's really sad. It happens at his mom's house, too, since he has two younger siblings there and she only cares about them as well as her husband. I feel so bad for him. My brother lets his wife treat his son like utter shit. I mean I understand being a step mom and the frustration that comes with it but she takes the cake. 

I really don't care if the step kids feel out of place, or treated unfairly. My nephew is treated unfairly all year and he deserves a Christmas. 

I have a feeling this year it won't go unnoticed. I haven't hid my feelings about these kids or my brother this year. I'm not in the mood to deal with their whining shit at Christmas this year. 

I guess that's my confession. I hate his step kids. 

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SaraW1989
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:56 AM

You are angry, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:58 AM
From what I read it's only the step-mother who treats his son differently. So why do you hate the step-kids?
ewunia79
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I'm sure your story is not 100% objective.
SaraW1989
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM

It's the step mom and my brother. It's even the step kids. Even on his mom's side he's treated differently than his siblings because they're dad is there. I feel so bad for him. 

The step kids are 12 and 6- way old enough to know how to act at someone's house. My brother's mom drops them off every morning at my dad's house so the can get on the bus (because their mom is too lazy to take them to school). They seriously over step. They ask my dad to buy them candy and snacks all the time. They get in to my mom's stuff that they shouldn't even be touching. They literally dig through the cabinets and drawers for stuff. The older one has tried to tell my son how to act and his grandpa's house. She was quickly put in her place. 

They're just...annoying and I hate them. Just about everyone does. 

Quoting Anonymous:

From what I read it's only the step-mother who treats his son differently. So why do you hate the step-kids?

SaraW1989
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM

It's how I see it and how it looks from others point of view. The step mom and my brother has said they don't allow Viktor to lean on the furniture. LEAN ON THE FURNITURE?!?! What the actual fuck. They're way too hard on him for no reason when the other two, and their child together, can get away with anything. 

I feel so bad for him. 

Quoting ewunia79:

I'm sure your story is not 100% objective.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Okay
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Has your family tried talking to them about this?

Quoting SaraW1989:

It's the step mom and my brother. It's even the step kids. Even on his mom's side he's treated differently than his siblings because they're dad is there. I feel so bad for him. 

The step kids are 12 and 6- way old enough to know how to act at someone's house. My brother's mom drops them off every morning at my dad's house so the can get on the bus (because their mom is too lazy to take them to school). They seriously over step. They ask my dad to buy them candy and snacks all the time. They get in to my mom's stuff that they shouldn't even be touching. They literally dig through the cabinets and drawers for stuff. The older one has tried to tell my son how to act and his grandpa's house. She was quickly put in her place. 

Quoting Anonymous:

SaraW1989
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Damn right I am. 

I'm angry that my mom has spent 24 years letting this kid (my brother) do things she doesn't agree with and she sits by and lets it happen. 

I'm angry that my brother uses my dad for everything and never pays him back. 

I'm especially pissed that my dad lets him use him. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You are angry, lol.

SaraW1989
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:07 AM

No. Lord forbid someone talk about something in my family. We keep things bottled up inside and never say anything.

Except for me. I refuse to live my life like that and have been very verbal about my hatred for these kids AND my brother. 

My dad has the power to at least put some of the enabling to a stop but he doesn't. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Has your family tried talking to them about this?

Quoting SaraW1989:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN