Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh just get a job **EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 237 Replies
10 moms liked this

Really? How do any of you feel justified in telling someone to "just get a job"?

Seriously, how out of touch with reality do you have to be? Are you insane? I hope you dont say that shit in a public setting.... What am I saying, of course you dont! Because you know you sound like a fucking idiot

“Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don’t I strap on my job helmet and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on little jobbies?!”

**Some of you are nuts! Why would you tell someone to get a job BEFORE asking them if they are looking for a job????? Make it make sense! I can promise you 9 out of 10 people who need jobs KNOW they need jobs!  So what is the point of saying that to someone already down on thier luck? To give your own miserable little life meaning? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM
12 moms liked this
I've never had an issue finding a job. Do you need a Xanex?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM
3 moms liked this
Considering it doesn't take me long to find a second job when I need it? (Which implies I have one already).

Get a job.
ashley9603
by RunningMomma on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I have never said that to anyone..did someone say that to you?Just wondering why you are upset.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:05 PM
6 moms liked this

Is this a S/O post for the "I'm at the wic office" post??

IF so you must be new.......this group gets much worse at night and on weekends, LMAOOOOOO

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Considering the last job I had was the first one I took as soon as I was out of work, and as hard as it is for me to get a job, and that I spent over $600 in gas in a month to get there (50 miles a day)... I agree with you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:06 PM

No it was said to a mom on here. People actually feel l that way about the poor; that they should "just get a job"... As a sociologist, I think its insane.

Quoting ashley9603:

I have never said that to anyone..did someone say that to you?Just wondering why you are upset.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:07 PM
9 moms liked this
Insane to suggest someone find means to support themselves? Wow!?
Jobs are not THAT scarce and if you're having a tough time guess the next step you should take. Train for one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Depnds on demographics; try getting a job in a rural area where there are 50 unemployed people for every 10 positions oh superior one 

Quoting Anonymous:

Considering it doesn't take me long to find a second job when I need it? (Which implies I have one already).

Get a job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:09 PM
8 moms liked this
Move to where the jobs are. Find the solution to your problem and fix it. I hate whiners.

Quoting Anonymous:

Depnds on demographics; try getting a job in a rural area where there are 50 unemployed people for every 10 positions oh superior one 

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I've never gone longer than a week without a job when ACTIVELY trying to get one. That was pre college.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)