Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are some of you so jealous of SAHM's???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies

I mean, I assume it's jealousy that makes some of you behave the way you do.

Just because you can't afford to stay home with your kids, don't hate on those of us that can. I have made plenty of sacrifices by not working, so stop with all this negativity. Grow up ladies!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Not jealous by any means.

Sometimes I think that some SAHM's just like to use that word to get a 'dig' in on working mothers.   There might be some who are, just like there might be some SAHM's who might be jealous of working moms.

You do what works for your family.  Enjoy it, and don't worry about others so much. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I am a stay at home mom but I wish I could work. My husband however won't let me. He said it's his job to bring in the money while I raise our son.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's more guilt than jealousy. I'm sure some are jealous but most know they should be staying home but either can't or are just unwilling to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I've been both. I hate working lol. So thankful my husband has a great job so i don't have to work anymore
_MissMissfit_
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Lol. Not jealous in the least. And I work by choice, not need. You're just fueling the stupid fire with this post.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:22 PM
2 moms liked this

There are many moms who CAN afford to stay home, but they chose to work. So it is not all about affording it.

Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I'm jealous of them. We could afford it but it would be too tight for my liking. I hate leaving my kids on holidays and trying to rearrange my work schedule.
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
The only time I have ever contributed to debates about sahm vs wm is when someone insists wm don't love their children, or that if you *have* to work you shouldn't even have children. I have been both a sahm and a wm, I have nothing against either. Whatever works for your family.....

I have no jealous feelings toward sahm's
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM
This plus my kids are 17 and 19.

Quoting _MissMissfit_:

Lol. Not jealous in the least. And I work by choice, not need. You're just fueling the stupid fire with this post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tardiskitty
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I've done both. Both sides have their ups and downs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)