Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In public schools: Santa vs. God

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:16 PM
  • 85 Replies

I had to go into the school with dd today. I passed a project on the wall in the hallway which was a huge Santa and some other stuff. I started wondering. If you're not ok with schools acknowledging God, are you ok with them acknowledging Santa? After all, he's not real. Yes, there's some historical support for the basis of the story of Santa. But there's also historical support of the story of Christ.

I don't really care if they have Santa stuff at the school. I'm just wondering how the CM crowd feels about it...if they even care at all.

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
garnet83
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:20 PM

BUMP!

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM
3 moms liked this

*grabs popcorn*

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Doesn't bother me one way or the other. I don't care if religion of ant kind is taught too. 

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Santa is generic, why would there be an issue?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momngram
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Doesn't bother me at all.

At the school mine go to they make no acknowledgment of santa for fear of offending others.

handy0318
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I've always thought of Santa as the secular "face" of Christmas...the one that anyone and everyone can enjoy regardless of religion. 

Jesus is the reason why we have Christmas, it's the story of His birth (as opposed to His actual birthday... really EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS!!!) lol... But, Jesus is absolutely religious. Unless schools are going to acknowledge all religions during the holidays, it's best not to involve Jesus.

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

We are believers of God but do not celebrate Christmas at all.  My children know that Santa is not real and just a man dressed up in a costume.  That being said, I told them some people DO believe in Santa so we should respect it. I know they are going to be doing holiday stuff at the schools now, so, I let them participate in limited activities and just have them avoid the things that I feel is not appropriate for us, such as a Christmas concert. 

alf2651
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Doesn't bother me at all. 

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Quoting LucyMom08:

Santa is generic, why would there be an issue?

this

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not religious. *shrug* Luckily, I'm the teacher, principal, and school board so do both Santa and Jesus. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)