Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/o how old is...

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 61 Replies
This is a spinoff from the let's talk about you post. That post got me thinking... How old/at what age do you feel is right for you to be done with having kids? I seen a lot of people in their 20s saying they were done having kids :) I know it's the number of kids in that case but I'm wonderig about age here :) what would be the oldest you would ever have a baby?

Oh god I hope this makes sence
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jammin.
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM
The oldest I would every try for a baby is 35.
JamieBue38
by Jamie on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Lol I wouldn't have kids past 30. Just because I had DD at 19 and I don't want a huge gap.
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I think I get what you are asking.....

I personally wouldn't want to have kids past about 35, but that is just my personal preference. I think it is up to each woman (couple) to decide for themselves.

I was older than I would have liked to have been when I started having kids, but it just worked out that way.

NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I was 29 when I decided that I was completely done... almsot 27 when I had my last baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I had to stop trying to have more children, before I was really ready to stop trying, but I'm almost 35 now, and some days, I really want to try again.

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I am 24 and I am done having kids.  I have one boy and one girl.  It doesn't so much have to do with age for us as it does being able to afford more kids.  Kids are expensive and just getting more expensive all the time.  I like that I can afford to stay home with my kids.  If we have more that probably won't be the case.  

“Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”

KelliansMom
I'm 30 and pregnant with my second child. I feel we are done having kids after this one. But 30 was my cut off age five years ago.
SnapShotMama
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM

id say oldest would be 30. I know it may seem selfish but i want to spend as much time as i possibly can with my kids and even grand kids. I have no issue with older new moms, sometimes it can take 15+years just to have a single child. There are a lot of reasons. but for me it would be 30 :)

baby development
carsonsmommytam
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Hubs and I agreed 30 was our limit. I have complications that increase the older ya get, and 30 is still young when kiddo graduates. I just had my 2nd and last kiddo. I'm 29.
armywife009

The oldest/latest I would ever have a baby is 30. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)