Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She CAN'T Watch Her Baby Get Shots!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

That's what my niece's mother said.

My niece is 7 months old and her and my brother are not together. She is always coming up with lame and desperate excuses for them to hang out though.

Today it was "You need to come to the baby's doctor appointment because I can't watch her get shots. I'll cry"

Seriously? I told her "You're a Mother. No Mom likes to watch their kids being hurt but you have to get over it because it has to happen"

My brother works a lot so he can't always be there, that's why he wasn't there today, he was working.

Can you watch your babies get shots? I know it's not a pleasant thing but we all just have to do it regardless.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this
She doesn't have to watch, she can turn her head or bury it in the kids neck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Nope I made appointments around my husband's hours so I didn't have to watch them get shots
maddiesmommy5
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:54 PM

It is hard to see your baby uncomfortable, but it is all part of being a mommy sometimes. As for the shots, we do not vax so I don't have that problem.

CafeMom Tickers
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:55 PM
My mom will leave the room of we get shots or blood taken. She will faint if she stays.
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:55 PM

she doesnt have to watch..the nurses where my son goes give you the option...i personally want to be there to hold my babys hand..

ProudMommaBear
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I don't care, I watch. But what sucks is that I'm a nervous laugher so if dd cries (she doesn't mind shots. So she barely cries) I start laughing :(
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Yes but my kids are champs and a shot doesn't bother them. They are just talking and laughing and trying to hug on our nurse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I have a horrible needle phobia, I can't even watch someone getting a shot on the TV, I look away.
MamaRae85
by *you're on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I always watch the needles go in. No matter who's getting the shot (or getting blood drawn). I can't help it. It actually makes me feel better about them hurting because I can see that it's a small thing to happen, physically speaking.

I feel like that was worded very awkwardly. Sorry about that. lol

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I never had a problem watching them get shots. Maybe it's because they never cry when they get them. Now with myself, I can't watch. They put an IV in me the other day and I almost freaked out lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN