Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We could not have sex for a year he wouldn't care

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
My dh doesn't want me sexually.

We have sex about 1-2 a week every time I initiate it though he seems to enjoy it but it bothers me he never seeks it from me.

Once we went 8 weeks before finally I caved and initiated it.

I was waiting on him to try to get some from me and it never happened.

Now I'm afraid he is cheating on me :(
Any advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beco8627
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:31 PM
How old is he? How busy is he? And is he stressed?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
he may just have a low sex drive. i am like that nd it drives SO nuts. sex bores me...and trust me we have tried all kinds of "new" things...he begs for it and i give in maybe once a month. I have never cheated on him. just have absolute zero interest in sex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:33 PM
He is 27. He has weekends off, weekdays he typically works 7-6pm, he hasn't been stressed about anything that I'm aware of.

He was like this in the beginning to a degree but not this bad now it's like the thought to have sex with me neve occurs to him

Quoting beco8627:

How old is he? How busy is he? And is he stressed?

Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I would ask him. That is the best thing to do first. Gauge his reaction. Tell him how important it is to you. I am sorry. I hope it gets better.  Oh and FYI not getting any doesn't mean he is cheating. My ex cheated on me and we had a good sex life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Just seems odd for a guy because guys typically pursue and want a lot of sex. I jnow not everyone is the same but it makes me worried and makes me feel sorta rejected

Quoting Anonymous:

he may just have a low sex drive. i am like that nd it drives SO nuts. sex bores me...and trust me we have tried all kinds of "new" things...he begs for it and i give in maybe once a month. I have never cheated on him. just have absolute zero interest in sex.

erin708
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM
That's how I am. My dh tries every day. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Will he get a blood panel done?

beco8627
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Meh, you know, my husband could go weeks without sex. He works third shift. He's tired all the time...sure, he loves when I want it, but I lack sex drive right now due to meds and haven't wanted sex for about a month. He's alright, doesn't complain...you know? He just doesn't really want sex too often either

Quoting Anonymous:

Just seems odd for a guy because guys typically pursue and want a lot of sex. I jnow not everyone is the same but it makes me worried and makes me feel sorta rejected

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM
He might do one if I asked him to

Quoting First_One_8_18:

Will he get a blood panel done?

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I would talk to him, and if he didn't have an emotional explanation I'd ask him to talk to his doctor.  He could have low T levels, or a medication he's on could be impacting him.  Overall, if a healthy young-middle aged male suddenly loses his sex drive, it IS a little cause for concern.  It could point to blood pressure issues, depression, hormones going out of whack, etc.

Try not to be accusatory, and try to be open and honest.

"Honey, I've noticed a dip in your drive lately.  What can we do to bring back that spark?"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN