Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it normal? Occupational therapist

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I saw occupational therapist playing with my son at daycare( it was written on a badge) while i was picking him up. They didnt say a word though. Is it normal? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Did you ask? I would have wanted to know what was gping on and why it was happening without my consent
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I didnt have a chance to ask but now worried

Quoting almondpigeon:

Did you ask? I would have wanted to know what was gping on and why it was happening without my consent

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM

BUMP!

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM
That's weird, imo. I would ask why. They usually on intervene if someone thinks something it's wrong with the child.
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM

It's not unusual to have an OT observation in general.  My boys have had several for different reasons, no issues found (which I disagree with on my older son, handwriting issues). 

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I think some daycares it is normal, and doesn't mean anything mean anything bad. You shoudl be able to ask and get all the info you need though. I don't know why you are so worried until you ask though. 

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Seems they either one) was in the room and walked by him and a conversation started or two) they are thinking he may need an Occupational Therapist and she was meeting with him. Ask the teacher if they are concerned.

Is he behind?
mama111609
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:43 PM

They could have just had some time and were visiting the kiddos and playing. I would ask, but would not be too worried just yet. (and I would make sure I would not be receiving a bill for something i didn't request!)

mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:44 PM
If they believe your child needs Ot they should have spoken with you prior and you should have been present for an evaluation. Maybe she was there for another kid and saw your child looking lonely so played with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:45 PM

This was his second day there so i dont know what to expect, his speech is a little delayed thiugh

Quoting vwd_johnson:

Seems they either one) was in the room and walked by him and a conversation started or two) they are thinking he may need an Occupational Therapist and she was meeting with him. Ask the teacher if they are concerned.

Is he behind?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN