Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I being selfish?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
My fiancé and I are having some financial tight-ship I would say lately. So anytime we get "alone time" we usually rent a redbox and just hang out at home together. Which I love!!

But it has been months and months and MONTHS sense we have gone out to eat, gone to a movie, bowling anything.

I really just want a special night with him even if that means spending a little money we don't really have right now.

I'm pregnant and probably being a little over emotional about it :/ am I being selfish?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Yea.. get over it. You should be happy that all of your bills are paid and on time. This is the wrong place to complain about not being able to go out to eat.
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:09 PM
No, I don't think so. Only because I'd go stir crazy.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:09 PM
No. Sounds like you have cabin fever. Save up for a night, it doesn't have to be expensive.
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:11 PM
I probably shouldnt answer this. DH and I have 2-3 date nights a week. I live as if there is no tomorrow.

But I am sure you can find a happy medium betweeb not doing anything and doing too much and wasting money. Its not selfish. Going out on a date allows you to have fun, losen up and reconnect as a couple.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:12 PM
That's the way I view a night out with him :) time to enjoy each other and reconnect. Thank you!

Quoting jjames1990:

I probably shouldnt answer this. DH and I have 2-3 date nights a week. I live as if there is no tomorrow.

But I am sure you can find a happy medium betweeb not doing anything and doing too much and wasting money. Its not selfish. Going out on a date allows you to have fun, losen up and reconnect as a couple.

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:13 PM
I think what you want is a normal feeling, but if it's money you don't have it's not a wise thing to do.

Spice up your in house date. Do a picnic, pick a theme to go with it, and set the mood.
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:13 PM

It's not selfish but not really realistic.You want to spend money you don't have just to go out to eat or to the movies?You have a baby on the way.Save your money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:14 PM

No, you're not selfish for feeling that way, but if you go out and spend irresponsibly (and then can't pay your next bill or put food on the table), you're obviously one of the many entitled.

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Nope.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)