Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're a single mom.............. how?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 123 Replies

Seriously.

How are you doing it? What do you sacrifice? How much do you make? How many kids do you have? Is the father at all active? This is mainly for the moms who have absolutely no help from the father whatsoever, financially or physically.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I'll bump it. I was a single mom for a bit and then I married an older well off man and that's how I did it!! J/k! Okay, I'm not joking. But he's only 11 years older than me and I love him and wouldn't have married him otherwise.
ProudMommaBear
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:36 PM
2 moms liked this
How am I doing it? Well I just am
What do I sacrifice? Time out with friends, personal time, relaxation, peace, stuff for myself, etc.
How much do I make? None ATM. I'm in school full time and that's my job as of right now. This summer I will be getting a job.
How many kids do I have? One.
Is the father at all active? No, not in the slightest bit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Okay, so if you don't have a job, how do you pay for things? Financial aid? No judgement; I receive financial aid for my education as well.

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

How am I doing it? Well I just am
What do I sacrifice? Time out with friends, personal time, relaxation, peace, stuff for myself, etc.
How much do I make? None ATM. I'm in school full time and that's my job as of right now. This summer I will be getting a job.

ProudMommaBear
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:39 PM
My parents support me on their own will (my dad did not want me to give dd up for adoption at all and he knew I wouldn't be able to get a job ATM)
Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, so if you don't have a job, how do you pay for things? Financial aid? No judgement; I receive financial aid for my education as well.

Quoting ProudMommaBear:How am I doing it? Well I just am

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Oh, okay. Well this doesn't completely apply to you. This is more for the women who support themselves and have no outside help. It's great that they're helping you though! I really don't see how it can be done any other way, but some are able to do it.

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

My parents support me on their own will (my dad did not want me to give dd up for adoption at all and he knew I wouldn't be able to get a job ATM)
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:41 PM
4 moms liked this
I was for 5 years - until I met my husband. I made 55, 000 a year. No help from her sperm donor at all. He is not in her life. I lived as frugally as I could, I wouldn't buy myself anything unless it was absolutely needed so that I made sure she had what she needed or wanted. She came first and she always will come first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:43 PM
I was a single mom for 4 years until 2 months ago. my ex isn't involved at all but i would get a check once in awhile- 11 dollars, 6 dollars. I made 300/week and I sacrificed time alone, most materialistic things like clothes or shoes I needed etc
ProudMommaBear
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Yeah I don't know how others do it either! If I didn't have my parents I wouldn't have kept dd, I couldn't have done it. I can't wait I get a job this summer before I start college full time to save up some money to get a car and such... I really hate having them paying for my stuff...
Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, okay. Well this doesn't completely apply to you. This is more for the women who support themselves and have no outside help. It's great that they're helping you though! I really don't see how it can be done any other way, but some are able to do it.

Quoting ProudMommaBear:My parents support me on their own will (my dad did not want me to give dd up for adoption at all and he knew I wouldn't be able to get a job ATM)
Quoting Anonymous:

jaycam
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:43 PM
When I was a single mom my 2 kids dad has nothing to di with them and has never paid a dime in child support. I work my ass off makeing very little and I sacrificed everything. I paid the bills and made sure my kids had everything they needed. If it weren't for my family vi wouldn't of been able to do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I was a topless dancer when I was a single mom for 13 years.

Was able to save $$$ and buy my home and car.

The best perks were being able to stay home whenever I wanted for illness, field trips ect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)