Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession...I'm a horrible mother!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I feel like complete shit!!! I LOVE my children and would do anything for them. But lately I can't stand to be around them. (They are 3) I'm pregnant and due in 2 weeks. My stress level is to the max!!!! Lately they have been acting out so badly, that I can't even stay calm. I'm yelling, putting them to bed, and time outs. I've even popped them. I feel so bad and I'm angry at myself. Just tonight DS was running around sticking his fingers down his throat and puked EVERYWHERE. I've told him several times to stop putting them in his month, but won't listen. Him and DD were fighting ALL day. I separated them as usual, but once I turn my back they are at it again.

They are being potty trained and doing very well, have been for over a month now. No accidents or anything. But they still where diapers during naps, bed time or when we go out. Well DD hates staying in dirty diapers, always has. Now she's getting to the point where if she poops she won't tell me. Either I smell it or I'm about to change her and put underwear on. I ask why she won't tell me, but she just says I don't know.

Ladies, I'm so stressed out. I've done broke down and cried, I just can't take it anymore. DF helps as much as he can, but has to sleep during the day. (3rd shift) I'm wondering if they are acting out because they know the baby will be here. I wish I knew what to do or say to make things better. I just feel horrible that I'm losing it.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Your not a bad mom. My kids drive me nuts all the time and stress me out and I'm learning that they feed off of that. It sounds like you just need a little break and sometime for yourself before baby comes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I'm trying to understand why that stuff is making you lose it but I'm just not understanding.. it seems to me like stuff three year olds do. Can you maybe try and look at it differently ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:46 PM
That's why I feel so horrible. I'm getting overly mad. I can't shake it for some reason.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm trying to understand why that stuff is making you lose it but I'm just not understanding.. it seems to me like stuff three year olds do. Can you maybe try and look at it differently ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I just feel horrible, things are getting to me way to easy and I can't seem to calm down until they are in bed. But friday they will go to their grandparents for the weekend, so I get a break and just relax.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your not a bad mom. My kids drive me nuts all the time and stress me out and I'm learning that they feed off of that. It sounds like you just need a little break and sometime for yourself before baby comes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Try to look at it differently . Change what you say to yourself when these things happen. That's my best advice :(

Congratulations on the new baby though..I'm sure things will improve , hang in there.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why I feel so horrible. I'm getting overly mad. I can't shake it for some reason.

Quoting Anonymous:

pce68
by Patti on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Things are getting to you too much because your hormones are in overdrive. You're pregnant, you're tired, you're restless, and your hormones are probably off the chart. It's no wonder you are snapping at them. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I just feel horrible, things are getting to me way to easy and I can't seem to calm down until they are in bed. But friday they will go to their grandparents for the weekend, so I get a break and just relax.

Quoting Anonymous:

newmomma1111
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I'm due as the doc said today.. Any day now and I'm at this same place you are but I only have one.. He is potty training as well and just turned two.... And he won't listen for shit. He has been throwing tantrums and getting into everything and has gotten into talking back. Just now I had to clean up the bottle of shampoo he dumped out in the hallway... His dad tho.... Was right next to him not paying attention trying to sleep... He doesn't have a reason to be sleeping tho so yeah... :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:02 AM
If I could count the amount of times I've completely broke down I wouldn't want to know. Believe me. It will be fine. Keep asking for help and it will slow down eventually.
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM
OMG. Is this what I have to look forward to in a few months? Ugh. My 3 year old is a pain the ass already and I'm early. Jeez.

Good luck. And congrats. Praying for you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)