Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husbands uncle called my DD retarded?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 124 Replies

She has Aspergers and as anyone who knows about this disease they do not liek change. My husbands uncle and aunt are visiting from Scotland. We were suppose to go to a mexican resturant down the road but decided not to at the last minute because my husbands aunt didnt want to. We tried to explain it to my daughter but she of course threw a tantrum in front of everyone. My husband uncle laughed and said just because your retarded doesnt mean you have to act crazy, she needs discipline and shouldnt be coddled. The part that really made me angry was well all of it but calling her retarded made me want to smack him in the face. I mean he acted like it was no big deal to call a 9 year old retarded. The worst part my DH blew it off like it was no big deal. I mean seriously who should i be the maddest at the inconsiderate uncle or the dad that wont protect his defenseless daughter.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:57 PM
7 moms liked this
Dickhead uncle wouldn't be welcome in my home anymore and DH would get an earful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I would be much more upset with my husband.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM

If it wasnt for the fact he was leaving tomorrow I would probably kick him out.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Dickhead uncle wouldn't be welcome in my home anymore and DH would get an earful.

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

my son is autistic and if anyone ever called him retarded id be neating some ass.especially her own family!!thats pathetic!!and her dad just sat there..im sure the daughter feels real secure knowing dad doesnt care what people called her..

Morningday
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:01 AM
That's sad.
XnikoX
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Uncle would be banned from my home. Not to mention id tear him a new asshole...and dh for shrugging that off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:03 AM
6 moms liked this

I dunno...I kind of see his point...everybody's kid has "something wrong with them" nowadays.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:03 AM
4 moms liked this
I would have told him, "just because you're an asshole, doesn't mean you have to act like one." Then I would have looked at my husband and said "being an asshole must run in your family". Since he didn't stick up for dd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM
That's terrible. They're both jerks! And I Would've given uncle long lecture on aspergers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM
2 moms liked this

You have no idea what aspergers is if you truly believe that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I dunno...I kind of see his point...everybody's kid has "something wrong with them" nowadays.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)