Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do I do now? The hida scan done on my daughter only created more questions! advice please...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

Edit: advice please. I'm going to call the dr and ask for some labs to be done while we wait to see the gi dr ( wait a month before the appointment) I feel like something needs to be done within the month wait, even if it is just eliminating things. I'm going to ask for labs to test for celiac disease and to test her iron. is there anything else I should request to have checked? her symptoms are... bowel changes ( diarrhea to constipation), nausea, sometimes blood in stole, severe to moderate pains in the stomach that feels worse when stomach is empty and after meals, always tired, acid reflux, bumps in her mouth and bloating in the stomach.
Thank you for any help. she has been fighting this for some time and it has gotten worse. I feel helpless in helping her and feel like we are just sitting on our hands here and will be for a whole month.

A little back story, my daughter who is 17 has dealt with stomach issues off and on for years. It started with vomiting episodes and stomach pain, diarrhea, and acid reflux.
After some time the vomiting stopped but the rest of the symptoms continued. She was treated for acid reflux for years and now the symptoms have gotten worse.

Her dr ordered an ultrasound last week and it showed sludge in her gallbladder. So I'm thinking this is the answer. we can fix this and help her get better. Well she had a hida scan done monday. it was obvious during the test that the gallbladder wasn't doing its job. It wasn't draining and the tech couldn't even inject the second injection in her iv for the second part of the test because the gallbladder wasn't empying. So she had her drink half and half to get it moving. After it finally emptied she finished the test without the second injection.
Even the tech said she wouldn't be surprised if she was sent to a gi dr to have the gallbladder removed. Well, today I get a call from the dr office. The radiologist sent the results of the test to our dr and said the gallbladder was normal. what?
The dr thinks she has something going on in the small intestine. so now I'm stuck with more questions than answers. Can the problem in the intestine cause the gallbladder to act this way? What possibly could be going on with the intestine? Should she have other tests done before seeing the gi dr?
I'm going to have a thousand questions while we wait a whole MONTH before seing the gi dr. all I was told to do is continue the meds, byntle, and see the gi dr when scheduled to. I'm worried. if this could be something serious a month is a long time to wait!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:02 AM
She also started getting little bumps in her mouth
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM
3 moms liked this

Honestly the Tech had no business telling you what the possible diagnosis could be.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:08 AM
She didn't exactly tell me what the diagnosis was. She told me what was going on when I asked wat was going on when it didn't appear to be emptying. She made a comment that she wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to remove it but didn't say she thought they would or that she thought it needed to be done.

Quoting Anonymous:Honestly the Tech had no business telling you what the possible diagnosis could be.  
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Does anyone know anything about these symptoms? I need to do some research and be prepared for questions to ask the gi dr
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Bump
4lilbundles
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:18 AM

BUMP!

turtlesquish23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured