Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need help. Edit.

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM
  • 31 Replies
I will probably get bashed for this. I understand this isn't the best place for help but here goes...... In July my husband and I seperated and he went to Europe to be with his family. In August my son died. In September my dog died. It is all very hard. My husband asked me to come to Europe and spend new years eve with him and work things out. I was so very excited. I really needed something to believe in and was so hopeful. I bought my plane ticket and some new clothes. He told me last week not to come because he has found someone. Today, an email telling me they had sex. I am so hurt. I know it is over. I just wish I could quickly get over this. What a jerk to do this to me while I am still grieving for my son. Any suggestions? ps. spell check is not showing up on my page right now, so I am sorry for any spelling mistakes. Edit I forgot to add his new gf doesn't even know about me or his daughter. He is lying to her too. This whole time he was telling me to come and he couldn't wait to see me and make love to me he was with her! I should never have believed him.
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meaganmac
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:46 AM
I'm very sorry for your losses. I think all you can do is give yourself time to move on and heal, not only from this betrayal but your grief as well. Your ex is a jerk and doesn't deserve another chance.
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words. I guess my title wasn't flashy enough. Right now I am feeling really stupid.
Quoting meaganmac:

I'm very sorry for your losses. I think all you can do is give yourself time to move on and heal, not only from this betrayal but your grief as well. Your ex is a jerk and doesn't deserve another chance.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Really?  Wow, how insensitive and jerkish of him.  You are his WIFE.  Period. He needs to man up. 

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Im sorry for your losses. I have no suggestions other then move on. It sounds like you are better off without him.
meaganmac
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Sometimes this group can be a great place for support, but more often than not it isn't.

Don't feel stupid. You didn't have any reason to believe this would happen. Stupid is the man who pulled such a hurtful, selfish stunt with you. You were already, understandably, in a fragile place, and he mistreated you and abused your trust in him.

I have no idea what it feels like to lose a child, so I won't insult you by telling you that I know how you feel. I don't know how you feel. But I do know that in a time when you are facing such a heartbreaking loss and grieving a hurt unimaginable to most, that you need to surround yourself with positive people who care about you and are worthy of your time and attention. People who will lift you up and support and love you. He is obviously not one of those. I know you're hurt, but at least now you know that he isn't worthy. Big hugs to you!

Quoting scarletmeshell:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I guess my title wasn't flashy enough. Right now I am feeling really stupid.

Quoting meaganmac:

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Your son!? Is that not his son too?
lancet98
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM

He's a jerk.   Move on.   No decent person does that to anyone.

You may need medical treatment for depression at this point, if only temporarily.    You've been through more crap in a few months than most people have to deal with in their whole lives.

Leave this idiot behind.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

I will probably get bashed for this. I understand this isn't the best place for help but here goes...... In July my husband and I seperated and he went to Europe to be with his family. In August my son died. In September my dog died. It is all very hard. My husband asked me to come to Europe and spend new years eve with him and work things out. I was so very excited. I really needed something to believe in and was so hopeful. I bought my plane ticket and some new clothes. He told me last week not to come because he has found someone. Today, an email telling me they had sex. I am so hurt. I know it is over. I just wish I could quickly get over this. What a jerk to do this to me while I am still grieving for my son. Any suggestions? ps. spell check is not showing up on my page right now, so I am sorry for any spelling mistakes.

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:08 PM
No it was his step son. He did not return for the funeral.
Quoting JDmommyJD:

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Oh wow.. He's definitely not worth your time, after that alone!
im sorry about your son.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

No it was his step son. He did not return for the funeral.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I'm so sorry. If he cant be there for you when you need him then he not worth it. It doesn't help to hear that I'm sure. I hope your getting help with the lose of your son. Try to keep busy and stay healthy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)