Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Here's My Very Unpopular Opinion On Autism, ADHD and other rapidly rising disorder.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 389 Replies
18 moms liked this
I'm going anon for this to avoid all the personal backlash that is going to come with "my" theory.

So, autism (I'm going to use autism in this post, but my post is meant to encompass ADHD, ODD, and other disorders) is on the rise. That's undisputed, but why? They say it isn't the vaccinations and honestly with tighter and tighter FDA regulations I was never really a fan of this theory. I'm quite sure back in our grandparent and parents polyester wearing, lead paint using, prenatal smoking and drinking days, there was much worse crap in that huge shot they gave them, you know the one all our parents sport that left that round scar on their forearm.
Was it the food? I'm doubtful of that too. Granted people did eat home more, but they still had crap in their McDonald's, Swanson frozen dinners and it was all eaten of bpa plastic and carcinogenic styrofoams.

It's on the rise because we've mainstreamed these disabilities.

When our grandparents had out parents, if a child was "different" they didn't toss them out into society and try to mold them into normal people. They accepted the raw hard truth, they're child wasn't normal and would never be. Even with medication to make them normal, they didn't try to interject them into a normal society, educate them in a normal manner, employ them in a normal manner and expect them to wed and reproduce in a normal manner. These we the children who permentaly lived home with Ma and Pa. Sadly, sometimes these children were instutiionalized, but for the most part, they were just the special kids who we all knew would never live a cookie cutter life. They were loved all the same, but part of that love was the tough love of the realization and acceptance of their future.

Fast forward to our parents having kids. Special children were included, they were medicated and forced to conform to a normal life. Our parents, while well intentioned, fought for the rights for the special needs kids to have the same education, the same employment and the same marital/reproductive future as their normal counterparts.

What was once a genetic flaw occurring in every 1 in 100,000 kids turned into one that occurred in every 1 in 10,000 and then every 1 in 1,000 to now greater than every 1 in 100!!!! It's not our food source, (cancer can claim that) its not our drugs. It's our BLIND COMPASSION that is ruining our gene pool.

Then there is the other rampet issue of mental health disease and crime. In bygone years, the severely mentally disturbed were instutiionalized, now we treat 'em and street 'em as they so put it within the medical community. Asides from the above happening reproductively, they are also slipping out of control, cracking and shooting up rooms full of kindergartners, theaters full of movie goers and malls full of shoppers. We don't need gun control, we need mental health control.

Sally meets Johnny, Johnny needs lithium daily but overall he is a great guy, he loves Sally, treats her like a queen. They have three kids, he is a wonderful father, husband and provider, until one day he thinks he doesn't need those little pills anymore. Then Sally finds out what a monster Johnny is. He snaps gets fired, drains their bank accountant hits her. She leaves him, but now how much of that crazy was passed on to those three little innocent kids.

Hey I am prepared for the bashing and quite honestly I have perfectly normal healthy children. If mine were not, I would probably initially be defensive of this post, but ultimately, think I would come around as to protect the hardship being genetically passed on to my grandchildren whom may be.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this

feel better now?

katcb1019
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:21 PM
10 moms liked this
That's an interesting theory and a different way to look at things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyranightshade
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:21 PM
6 moms liked this
I just...I don't even know where to start in this amount of crazy.I really don't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Well what is your solution then?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM
16 moms liked this

You are mixing up Autism etc w/mental illnesses-not the same.  Also,progress continues to be made-we have electric lights now,not candles.  The mainstreaming of special needs kiddos is progress.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Wtf? You are so messed up in your thinking
Just because they are *different * does not mean that they don't deserve a normal life
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM
9 moms liked this
Autistics and the such, no matter how low on the spectrum should NOT reproduce.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well what is your solution then?

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Yes. It is definitely different. It might have a grain of truth in there. Huh.

Quoting katcb1019:

That's an interesting theory and a different way to look at things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Honestly, I think it's b/c of military experiments done to our great-great-great (or so) grandfathers that had to fight back in WWI or II or even up to Vietnam perhaps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:25 PM
3 moms liked this
This is a perfect example of the blind compassion.

Quoting silverdawn99:

Wtf? You are so messed up in your thinking

Just because they are *different * does not mean that they don't deserve a normal life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)