Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thanksgiving at my house.

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 11 Replies
Sooo i boldly decided to do thanksgiving at our house :/. I need some ideas for side dishes and appetizers. What are you ladies cooking/bringing to thanksgiving?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lawdhavemercy2
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Youve probably eaten a thanksgiving dinner before....so make that stuff.
Seximama89
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm making turkey , ham , stuffing , mashed potatoes and gravy , green bean casserole , pea salad , corn, some type of rolls , cranberry sauce , sweet potato casserole with pecans , and peach cobbler,
Krysta784
by Dani on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm having two at our house. My mom and dad won't be in the same county as each other. So mature of them.....

Anyway, I'm doing the turkey, several pies, stuffing, deviled eggs , and homemade yeast rolls.

Oh and sweet potatoes. Others will bring green beans, seven layer salad, mashed potatoes, etc.

embrigmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Not sure what I'm taking with me to MIL's for thanksgiving dinner. It will likely be some kind of desert or side dish. I know my mil makes chessy mashed potatoes and normal mashed potatoes, green bean casserole (some people love it some people hate it) Stuffing, roles I'm sure there is more that I have forgotten.

Hope your thanksgiving goes well!

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I host Thanksgiving at my home. Each family member has their "GO TO" dishes that they always like to bring. I typically make the dressing and mashed potatoes. My mom usually makes the turkey over at her house (we live across the road from each other). Oh, and one of my sisters get the mac and cheese from this place down where she lives and I swear it is the BEST I have ever had. I gotta make sure she is getting that again now that I think of it. lol 

Lawdhavemercy2
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM
What about appetizers?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Well mac and cheese, green bean casserole, dressing, deviled eggs, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, corn, sweet potato casserole, salad, squash casserole...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Why would you need appetizers? I never make appetizers for Thanksgiving...the main course has so much food. I guess, if you wanted, you could do a veggie tray or stuffed mushrooms for appetizers.

jurnee14
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM

typically for thanksgiving I make, turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, greeen bean casserole, asparagaus, artichokes, stuffed mushrooms, rolls or some type of bread, pumpkin pie, apple pie, pudding/grahma cracker dessert, cookies. Oh and canned cranberry sauce, and a green salad. and sometimes fruit with the dessert, either a fruit platter,chocolate dipped strawberries, etc. I generally serve soda, juice, wine, alcohol and beer for beverages. I have a really large family lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN