Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Weird cat habits...

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:28 PM
  • 19 Replies

My cat is obsessed with elastic bands.  Not loose ones, ones that are one stuff.

Like on my library books, there is always a rubber band holding the paper with my library card # on it (holds).  

She likes to lift it up with her teeth and let it snap back down.  

She will do it for literally hours.

She does it with my son's wrestling ring toy too, it has elastic "ropes" that she is constantly "twanging".   Recently I bought ds his new winter boots and she has been twanging the elastic that holds the boots together.

lol weird cat.

What are your cat's weird habits?

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tardiskitty
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Elastic hair ties. If I ever can find one all I have to do it move the piano and I'll find about 50 of those suckers
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM

One of my cats insists on sitting in the sink, with the water running, while I do my makeup.

If I don't turn the faucet on to a trickle, he steps all over my cosmetics and gets all up in my business.

Then he plops his fat ass into the sink basin and watches the water intently the entire time.

AVE SATANAS!
tardistraveller
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM

there's always a collection of them on my pillow or the bathtub from my other cat lol

Quoting tardiskitty:

Elastic hair ties. If I ever can find one all I have to do it move the piano and I'll find about 50 of those suckers

tardistraveller
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM

the same dumb kitty who likes making music does the same thing lol

She likes the water to run over her tail :/

Quoting OwlNuggets:

One of my cats insists on sitting in the sink, with the water running, while I do my makeup.

If I don't turn the faucet on to a trickle, he steps all over my cosmetics and gets all up in my business.

Then he plops his fat ass into the sink basin and watches the water intently the entire time.

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM
My female cat sucks on her tail when she sleeps. My male cat loves to steal shiny things like coins and jewelry he hides them in his bed.
tardiskitty
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I'm not too concerned now since I got all my hair chopped off but it REALLY used to irritate me.

Quoting tardistraveller:

there's always a collection of them on my pillow or the bathtub from my other cat lol

Quoting tardiskitty:

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Weird, same!

He's also been known to sit in the middle of the floor, make eye contact, and yowl loudly.

Same cat, I can pat my chest and he puts his arms up like a small child to be picked up.

Quoting tardistraveller:

AVE SATANAS!
tardistraveller
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM

that's odd lol

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Weird, same!

He's also been known to sit in the middle of the floor, make eye contact, and yowl loudly.

Quoting tardistraveller:

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM

The moment I lay down, if I don't close the bedroom door, my big cat comes and lays on my head so that he can chew on my hair. 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I can pat my chest with my hands like you would a small child and say "come on!" and he'll put his arms up and stand on his hind legs like toddler to be picked up and held.

Quoting tardistraveller:

that's odd lol

AVE SATANAS!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)