Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Y'all will HATE this name but I swear to you I wanna name my child this so bad!!

Posted by   + Show Post
I've had a girl name picked out for forever. Evangeline Peyton. Beautiful, classic, simple.

But I came across something as I was reading one evening and I fell in LOVE with it. It's the most beautiful word I've ever seen/read. The way it looks, the way it rolls off the tongue. I can't get it out of my head.

I swear to you if I have a baby girl, this is what I want to name her:

Kiratarjuniya. ( it's Kira-tar-joo-nee-ya.)

I love it. People could call her Kira for short. It reminds me of the princess of Atlantis on that animated movie.

I doubt I'll actually be brave enough to name my child that, but I wish I could.
Maybe I could add it in as a middle name or something. Evangeline kiratarjuniya Peyton... Idk. Just doesn't sound right all together.

Oh well, I still have plenty time to figure it out lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
momof4in29
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:07 PM
I can't even pronounce it lol
Hellobabies
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:08 PM

How is it pronounced? As someone who grew up with an odd name, I prefer classic names when naming my children, but I don't waste too much time worrying about what other people name their children. If you like it, that's all that matters. My name is an older name that is not common at all, and although it is pronounced just as it is spelled, no one ever gets it right, and my middle name is just as confusing. 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

The song the firefly sings in princess and the frog is foremost in my mind when I think of "Evangeline"

But you're from N'awlins anyway so it kind of works.

I guess that name isn't common anywhere else but Loosi?

AVE SATANAS!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:08 PM
How to your pronounce it? I do love the name Kira! And the name you have picked out for your daughter is beautiful :)
MixtlisMomme
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:08 PM
4 moms liked this
Name her Kira Evangeline..aww lol
tybeegirl912
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Just imagine the subsitute teacher getting her name wrong, I cant even pronounce it... And subs rarely TRY to pronounce names these days. Everyone gets my sons name wrong... It's crazy because it's so simple,
His name is Liam... people call him Lamb.. It really pisses me off.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Suits your ghetto ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Still pretending you're pregnant huh?
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gabriella (: on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I feel like a total idiot sitting here saying it over & over to see I'm saying it right! Lol. Just name her Kira?
Quoting 504bbymami:

It look me a few times of saying it before I could get it out lol. But it's Kira-tar-joo-nee-ya.

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst:

I'm having trouble saying it out loud :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Yeah no.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)