Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what the hell do I do now?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies

So I found a nasty surpise in my garage today .  A stash of marijuana.  About 10 joints, some empty bags and some weird metal disk that has obvious residue on it.  It's my dh's.  I strongly suspected he has been smoking again, but he turned it right back on me when I asked and made it about me as in"since when are you such an expert on the subject" and was crabby the rest of the night.

This is not okay with me and he knows it. It's not something I have ever been okay with.  I am pretty naive on the topic so I am wondering how much does something like this cost - 10 joiints, cigarrette length but half as thick?  This might explain where a lot of our money is going.  I've been beyond frustrated by his responses to the missing money, beyond angry that I know that something was happening but I could not get straight answers.

This is not okay with me, others can do it but not my dh.  We have kids together, I do not want them to stumble upon this, I don't want them to think it's okay. What a F@cking hyprocrite my dh is to preach about don't do drugs but to do it himself!!  I have zero respect for that. 

I think the biggest issue I have is the money.  I am so tired of putting myself last, of saying no to the kids, of having a super tight budget and trying to balance bills and stuff.  I also hate how he sounds and acts when he has been smoking.  It's so obvious to me.   I hate that he has driven home like that.  I hate that he thinks this is okay.

I am seriously lost here. Been there done that and this issue never seems to go away.  Great dh in every other way but this, but not being able to rely on someone to do what's best for their family is really heartbreaking.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:58 PM

But he threw it out? What is the problem?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Huh?  Where did you read that? 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Oh shit I thought it said garbage! Duh, sorry LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Huh?  Where did you read that? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Idk how much it is but I wouldn't be ok with it either :/ good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:04 PM
A dub is normally $25 and I'm guessing that would make about 2 of them maybe 3?

Don't quote me on that I don't smoke.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

No clue what a dub is.  I'm reading this to read that the stash in my garage is worth about between $75 - 125?? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:09 PM
5 moms liked this

so basically you feel your dh , is your child and you won't allow him to do this or that and you have your excuses why its okay that you force your opinion on him, and he better listen to you, you're the mommie...

You're just as bad or the next generation of the bored mommy that shows up at their kids school and questions everything and demands your way for everything...

Your dh is adult, maybe you should try treating as such, you'll get better results.

LectioDivina
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:09 PM
8 moms liked this

Relax.

Take one and enjoy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:10 PM
A dub is a certain amount that you buy.

But yes anywhere from $75-$125 most likely

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

No clue what a dub is.  I'm reading this to read that the stash in my garage is worth about between $75 - 125?? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
DH and I smoke a bowl every night before bed...give it a try!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)