Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Confession: I had an abortion at age 17.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

The story is, I was 17 and I was stupid. I was going through a lot of crap and slept with a 21 year old loser. We used a condom but it broke and I wound up pregnant. When I told him, he told me that if I didn't get an abortion, he'd have his friends jump me and "beat the baby out of me". I didn't believe him, and I wasn't going to get an abortion, until one night I was going to sleep and someone tried breaking into my bedroom. I looked and someone was trying to pry the window open with a crowbar (they were wearing a black ski mask so I didn't see who it was).

After that, I was terrified for my life and my baby's life so I decided to get an abortion. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Your choice.

However, not sure if I believe this story...

Most people on this site know how rabidly pro choice I am, and I support your choice to do what you felt was best, but you made the decision out of fear and someone manipulating you. I sincerely hope you don't feel the repercussions of this decision later on.

I hope you're at peace with your choice and you can move on from that tragedy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Instead of calling the police, making your parents aware and getting security??
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM

My parents were aware. They were terrified for my life and we did call the police. They said there was nothing they could do since I had no proof of the threat and didn't see the person's face when they were trying to break into my room.

Quoting Anonymous:

Instead of calling the police, making your parents aware and getting security??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:34 PM
I was 15 and I was scheduled for an abortion. I was young, dumb, and sleeping with a 19 year old. My parents hated him. He didn't want me to get rid of the baby. He wanted it. So I told him the test was negative. I was gonna have an abortion but I ended up miscarrying. That was many years ago and he just asked me about it yesterday. I finally fessed up to get the weight of my shoulders and he was so hurt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate these stupid stories.

even IF it is a true story which I do not believe it is, you know your just going to get shit on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM

It is true, sadly. I had to vent somewhere. The only people who know about this are my parents, me, and the dickhead who got me pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate these stupid stories.

even IF it is a true story which I do not believe it is, you know your just going to get shit on.

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
You were terrified for the baby's life so you decided to end it?

That seems counterintuitive.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
You were terrified for your babies life so then you went and aborted it? That makes zero sense.
Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Terrified for your baby, so you abort?

I don't believe this story.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM

It was either I chose to end it on my own or it would have been ended by someone beating the shit out of me.

Quoting ame85:

You were terrified for the baby's life so you decided to end it?

That seems counterintuitive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)