Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's their JOB

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
3 moms liked this
I know I'm going to get shit for this and I don't care. My ex of ten years was a Marine. I know all about being a military wife etc. I lament the deaths of the four Marines that died and my heart goes out to their families. Pendleton is, incidentally, where we were stationed. That said, people are always whining on about how they are heroes and should be put on a pedestal. Well they CHOSE their job. It's a JOB, dangerous or not, they signed up for it. The excuse is always that they had no choice, well that's a pile of shit. If you cant afford college, get scholarships and work your way, but no one put a gun to their head. I'm not going to respond to the bleeding heart comments.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nancym3
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Yikes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM
6 moms liked this
In a way- I have to agree with you.

It's Noble they choose that profession. Dh was in the Army for 16 years. I am proud of him for that. But I don't think he's a god for it.
thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this

You don't think choosing to put your life on the line for the rest of us is admirable?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM
6 moms liked this
No wonder your an ex.

Is he single?
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

While I agree with some of what you say, your delivery leaves much to be desired.

Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree completely....but you're going to have hell to pay from all the "militarey whiney ass wives".....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM
6 moms liked this
I agree.

No different than police officers, doctors, lawyers, teachers...

Somebody's gotta do it.
KatLee42513
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I just hope you realize that not very many who join the military are putting their life on the line. Some are. Some aren't. Being in the military does not mean they all go fight.

Quoting thejodigirl:

You don't think choosing to put your life on the line for the rest of us is admirable?

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I come from a big military family and feel the same way.

There are many jobs that keep our society going where they risk their lives. Soldiers, police, EMT, firemen, etc. They all sign up for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. All jobs have pros and cons and the military are very well compensated for what they do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)