Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

outfit assistance!! Orientation tomorrow!! update!

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM
  • 88 Replies

Mobile Photo

Orientation is tomorrow for my first clinical, we were told to 'wear your Sunday best..no jeans'. Which meant i had to go buy a whole new outfit because I had no dressy clothes I felt suitable.

This is what i ended up getting (Im posting a photo with and without the jacket..i will be wearing the jacket with the exception of if it gets too hot), thoughts?? Also.. Im iffy on the necklace.

Also any advice for how to do my hair (fine and shoulder length) would be great :))

& before any anons chime in, yes I need to lose weight... Yes those spots on my legs and feet are psoriasis.

Update - Well orientation went great! :) My feet killed by hour 3, however when I went to school I remembered O left my high tops in my locker...whew!! Im sure i looked adorable in this outfit with flowery high tops with black and lime green laces in (lol.. I carried the wedges so people could understand I wasn't dressed like that all day and it was just foot relief lol).

I was mad though because i paid quite a bit for this outfit, got to orientation and some people were therein tshirts, leggings and uggs! I was annoyed that they could put know the effort that the rest of us put it. Oh well, i was complimented by the director on my outfit and she commented as well that she 'looks forward to working with me'...yay! I think i may also have favorite patients all ready lol.

Overall it went great and any second guessing I had about where i was going with school etc is gone because as soon as i got there I knew this is exactly where i belong (so to speak).

Figured Id update some people.
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Looks good !
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Lose the jacket! Peplum should show!

kim k has psoriasis too, no need for anyone to worry sbout that! You have a lovely shape, very curvy and womanly!

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

joci2203
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM
2 moms liked this
I would wear dress pants
Sweetie1216
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Do you wear stockings?

ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Couldn't find any that fit :( they all gave me massive muffin tops :(

Quoting joci2203:

I would wear dress pants
ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Because of my psoriasis usually i don't wear skirts, so i don't have any on hand & sadly i couldn't find any in the stores (besides crazy looking ones)

Quoting Sweetie1216:

Do you wear stockings?

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM
No jacket no necklace. You look nice!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Not what id go with...but if thats what your comfortable with. love love peplum!
imakehimscream
by He screams on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
That is cute. I didn't notice your knees and feet until I read the bottom of the op.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)