Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

At 11 months, aversion to solids

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:46 AM
  • 34 Replies
I seriously need help... My daughter is 11 months old and she hates to have solids... Baby food well the question doesn't arise. Only home made food that we make, She will have a few morsels.. I need help. She only takes formula milk all day and night. That's the reason I am Up even Now
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:48 AM

less formula/milk, more food options. if that doesn't work look into sensory issues/ tongue tie. sometimes those things can affect what a child will eat. ds3, age 2, is tonguetied and has aversions to beef strips but will eat ground beef, he'll eat apple sauce but not apples... etc..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Do you put the food you make into the blender and purée it? I make all of my 11 month olds food. Have since she was 6 months. It's easy and has helped her learn how to eat. Maybe your DD's problem is she doesn't know how to eat what you are giving her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Mine is the same age and acts the same way.

I've been told repeatedly not to "push" foods under 1 year.

Any baby foods are merely for "practice" and LO should still rely heavily on bottle, either formula or breast-milk.

Have you discussed this with your pediatrician?

drmkj
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Thanks dear friends for such valuable answers... 

NO I have not spoken to the pediatrician till now. 
She will only have the foods that we adults have, i will mash it up for her a little and she will have it like a pro-infact she wants that.

but babyfood is a big no.

i am worried 

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:14 AM
I never gave my son baby food.... Why are you worried? Babies SHOULD have normal food from the start. Purées are not good for baby.

Quoting drmkj:

She will only have the foods that we adults have, i will mash it up for her a little and she will have it like a pro-infact she wants that.

i am worried 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Homemade puréed food is not good for baby? 

Quoting Retrokitty:

I never gave my son baby food.... Why are you worried? Babies SHOULD have normal food from the start. Purées are not good for baby.

Quoting drmkj:

i am worried 

drmkj
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:17 AM

but at 4 months till 7 months, she used to have cereals and home made juices from fresh fruits. and now once i moved countries, she lost the habit and doesnt have proper meals like the way she used to. I hope she doesnt have some medical issue.

Quoting Retrokitty:

Quoting drmkj:

i am worried 

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:18 AM
It's not "bad " but there's plenty of reasons why babies should learn to chew before swallowing. I'd rather see someone feed their babies homemade purées than store bought baby food.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Retrokitty:

Quoting drmkj:

i am worried 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:21 AM

So if baby has no chewing teeth did you just feed them soft foods or cook your veggies down to almost mush? 

Quoting Retrokitty:

It's not "bad " but there's plenty of reasons why babies should learn to chew before swallowing. I'd rather see someone feed their babies homemade purées than store bought baby food.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Retrokitty:

Quoting drmkj:

i am worried 

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:21 AM
1. Baby cereal (or wheat really) is bad for babies under 1.
2. Food before 1 is for practice. Babies shouldn't be having solids at all at 4 months none the less meals.

She sounds normal. Breastfeed (or formula feed) her first then feed her whatever your eating.

Quoting drmkj:

but at 4 months till 7 months, she used to have cereals and home made juices from fresh fruits. and now once i moved countries, she lost the habit and doesnt have proper meals like the way she used to. I hope she doesnt have some medical issue.

Quoting Retrokitty:

Quoting drmkj:

i am worried 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)