Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

At 11 months, aversion to solids

Posted by   + Show Post
I seriously need help... My daughter is 11 months old and she hates to have solids... Baby food well the question doesn't arise. Only home made food that we make, She will have a few morsels.. I need help. She only takes formula milk all day and night. That's the reason I am Up even Now
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
csxt99
by Jennifer on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:24 AM

My youngest wouldn't eat table foods for a long time, as in, age 2 and still eating Stage foods.  She also couldn't have milk of any type, so she was on formula until she was 18 months.  I hate to tell you, but you may have to wait it out and stick to baby food for longer than expected.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Professionals suggest starting with minced meat first then soft slightly mushed veggies. Babies can gum food easier than adults think. You also put it on a plate for them to eat, you do not spoon feed then.

Quoting Anonymous:

So if baby has no chewing teeth did you just feed them soft foods or cook your veggies down to almost mush? 

Quoting Retrokitty:

It's not "bad " but there's plenty of reasons why babies should learn to chew before swallowing. I'd rather see someone feed their babies homemade purées than store bought baby food.

Quoting Anonymous:

Homemade puréed food is not good for baby? 

Quoting Retrokitty:

I never gave my son baby food.... Why are you worried? Babies SHOULD have normal food from the start. Purées are not good for baby.

Quoting drmkj:

Thanks dear friends for such valuable answers... 

NO I have not spoken to the pediatrician till now. 
She will only have the foods that we adults have, i will mash it up for her a little and she will have it like a pro-infact she wants that.

but babyfood is a big no.

i am worried 

drmkj
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:27 AM

alrightie, i'll start off from tomorrow morning and follow your advise. hope all this helps... 

Quoting Retrokitty:

Professionals suggest starting with minced meat first then soft slightly mushed veggies. Babies can gum food easier than adults think. You also put it on a plate for them to eat, you do not spoon feed then.

Quoting Anonymous:

So if baby has no chewing teeth did you just feed them soft foods or cook your veggies down to almost mush? 

Quoting Retrokitty:

It's not "bad " but there's plenty of reasons why babies should learn to chew before swallowing. I'd rather see someone feed their babies homemade purées than store bought baby food.

Quoting Anonymous:

Homemade puréed food is not good for baby? 

Quoting Retrokitty:

I never gave my son baby food.... Why are you worried? Babies SHOULD have normal food from the start. Purées are not good for baby.

Quoting drmkj:

She will only have the foods that we adults have, i will mash it up for her a little and she will have it like a pro-infact she wants that.

i am worried 

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Why the push or baby food? Dd never ate baby food. She started eating off my plate.

Quoting drmkj:

i am worried 

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Mobile Photo

Here she is at 9-10 month old crowing down on a rib without any teeth.
drmkj
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:30 AM

my baby eats off my plate too but thats not sufficient enough..or do you think its more than enough for her stage?

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Why the push or baby food? Dd never ate baby food. She started eating off my plate.

Quoting drmkj:

i am worried 

mommyajay
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Up till 1 year solids are not necessary. They are just for play. Everything she needs is in formula
drmkj
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Aww shes sooo cute... :)

mine doesnt even take food like this in her hands to attempt to eat it. whatever i feed from my hands she will take. plus she hates the spoon now!

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Mobile Photo

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Her bulk calories need to be formula or breast milk. Baby food is watered down to get it to that smooth consistency. So really if you feed puréed foods its less calories.

Quoting drmkj:

my baby eats off my plate too but thats not sufficient enough..or do you think its more than enough for her stage?

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting drmkj:

i am worried 

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Just set it in front of her and let her play. She has to get accustomed to feeding herself. He will get the hang of if.

Quoting drmkj:

Aww shes sooo cute... :)

mine doesnt even take food like this in her hands to attempt to eat it. whatever i feed from my hands she will take. plus she hates the spoon now!

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN