Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

At 11 months, aversion to solids

Posted by   + Show Post
I seriously need help... My daughter is 11 months old and she hates to have solids... Baby food well the question doesn't arise. Only home made food that we make, She will have a few morsels.. I need help. She only takes formula milk all day and night. That's the reason I am Up even Now
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Replies (31-34):
Elayna90
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:04 AM
With my two oldest children, they loved any and all food and I strictly followed the guidelines for when they should be eating and how much...
With my youngest, we never really did baby food. I would just not season soft portions of our meal or mash up fruits and veggies.
Babies don't NEED baby food. But their bodies can't handle a lot ofvthe seasoning in grown up food. Just cook it soft, don't season, and mash it up. And use simple foods. Avacados, green breans, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, bananas, mangos.
want10more
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:10 AM

some foods yes they can. THIS baby is not ready. which was pretty much the point of the post. people food is very full of salt, sugar, etc. which that baby doesn't need. it's up to baby when baby is ready. and even a soft food can choke if baby is not ready. and ugh. never said i'd fed my babies cat food. realllllly?

Quoting LaughCryLive:

I don't think they had the magic bullet in caves.

Babies can chew soft food just fine without teeth.

The child is a person so people food is perfect. Children shouldn't be fed cat food.

Quoting want10more: this child is not ready for solids, so yeah, gotta puree. otherwise that poses a choking hazard. and people food at that age is not yet appropriate.

Quoting LaughCryLive:There is no need to purée the food.
Quoting want10more:
 uh............... i made all babyfood from scratch. steamed intsead of boiled, etc. tastier and cheap. and easy to make. and no, babies CANNOT handle people food from the start. they need to be started slowly, to weed out allergies and test their ability to handle certain foods. people food is full of salt and sugars. purees are pretty much the healthiest food you can feed your baby. they are also tastier than baby food, which helps them to become better eaters.

Quoting Anonymous:

Homemade puréed food is not good for baby? 
Quoting Retrokitty:I never gave my son baby food.... Why are you worried? Babies SHOULD have normal food from the start. Purées are not good for baby.
Quoting drmkj:
Thanks dear friends for such valuable answers... 
NO I have not spoken to the pediatrician till now. She will only have the foods that we adults have, i will mash it up for her a little and she will have it like a pro-infact she wants that.
but babyfood is a big no.
i am worried 

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Lol. Its a joke.

If you actually read what she posted the baby doesn't like puréed food but eats regular food.

Not everyone puts salt and sugar in table food.

Quoting want10more:

some foods yes they can. THIS baby is not ready. which was pretty much the point of the post. people food is very full of salt, sugar, etc. which that baby doesn't need. it's up to baby when baby is ready. and even a soft food can choke if baby is not ready. and ugh. never said i'd fed my babies cat food. realllllly?

Quoting LaughCryLive:

I don't think they had the magic bullet in caves.

Babies can chew soft food just fine without teeth.

The child is a person so people food is perfect. Children shouldn't be fed cat food.

Quoting want10more: this child is not ready for solids, so yeah, gotta puree. otherwise that poses a choking hazard. and people food at that age is not yet appropriate.

Quoting LaughCryLive:There is no need to purée the food.
Quoting want10more:
 uh............... i made all babyfood from scratch. steamed intsead of boiled, etc. tastier and cheap. and easy to make. and no, babies CANNOT handle people food from the start. they need to be started slowly, to weed out allergies and test their ability to handle certain foods. people food is full of salt and sugars. purees are pretty much the healthiest food you can feed your baby. they are also tastier than baby food, which helps them to become better eaters.

Quoting Anonymous:

Homemade puréed food is not good for baby? 
Quoting Retrokitty:I never gave my son baby food.... Why are you worried? Babies SHOULD have normal food from the start. Purées are not good for baby.
Quoting drmkj:
Thanks dear friends for such valuable answers... 
NO I have not spoken to the pediatrician till now. She will only have the foods that we adults have, i will mash it up for her a little and she will have it like a pro-infact she wants that.
but babyfood is a big no.
i am worried 

katarina666
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Puree her food and slowly work her up to solids. She needs to get used to textured foods slowly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN