Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you ask your 7 year old kid if he/she has a bowel movement everyday?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

The only time I notice bowel movement with my kids is when they are in diapers. My 7 year old daughter complained of tummy aches last Friday. I was thinking she was hungry. She would complain about them from to time. Today I get a call from my daughters school nurse informing me to come and get her. DD had a mild fever and a stomach ache. So I take dd to the ER wondering why does she have this tummy ache that wont go away. I am thinking blockage or appendicitis since there was a fever to go with it. Dd had a X ray done and she is severely backed up. I was like are you kidding me? Dd is on a laxative now but I guess I have to start asking her if she takes her daily poop. Do you ask your kids if they poop on a regular basis?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gypsy.Scribe
by Ravenclawesome on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Dd has some constipation issues so I try to keep an eye on it/ask her. She's almost 4
_ClearFruit_
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Yes, I ask my 4 yr old everyday
southernwldchld
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I have to ask my 10yo ds. He has chronic constipation and loss of sensation due to it. 

All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was
Where do you want to start? Take the Doctors hand and join us at Cafe Who!

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:05 AM

ds1, age 6, lets us know when he is going.... he'll say "I'm going poop" as he rushes to the bathroom and he is a twice a day pooper. ds2, age 4, does that sometimes... but I have to monitor him because if he is doing something he feels is more interesting than pooping he'll hold it. ds2 is a 3 times a week pooper.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:05 AM

No, not unless they showed signs of discomfort.  I was more prone to ask my oldest girl f she pooped because she has had issues for many years with being compacted and not pooping for around one week.  Her pediatrician told me to give her one cup of popcorn every night.  

tinybluemoon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I ask two of my 7 year olds, as one has bowel issues and the other one has cancer. The third I don't in less he is complaining of an upset stomach or something, as he has no issues protaining to that area. I don't ask my other children either for the same reason.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:07 AM
No, I do not ask, I just know because I know where my 7 year old is and what she is doing at all times. Lol.
cLanief
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:07 AM
I don't check my potty trained kids bowel movement either. But he does announce it frequently.
tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:10 AM
No, mine stink up the bathroom when they go so I already know my answer. Lol
A_Daffodil
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:12 AM
We had to constantly remind our 7 year old to go. She hated pooping, so just tried to avoid it as long as possible. We also got a laxative for her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN