Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you want to make a lasting friendshipe get off the internt

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I do not believe in inter net friendship, I do not believe in any relationship that begins online. You can not get to know some one with out spending time with them. Cafe mom is nothing but an amusement and occasional nugget of advice. Other than that I do not expect to make friends with any one. Does this make me weird?? or out dated??

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KawaiiPika
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:01 AM
I can't it's claimed my soul
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Funny..if that's true..why have so many met, married, and been together for years due to an internet relationship?
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry but the way that this was written just bothers me... Spelling and grammar check to include your post's title next time.

Quoting Anonymous:

I do not believe in inter net friendship, I do not believe in any relationship that begins online. You can not get to know some one with out spending time with them. Cafe mom is nothing but an amusement and occasional nugget of advice. Other than that I do not expect to make friends with any one. Does this make me weird?? or out dated??

WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:06 AM
I have friends I've never met who I've talked to for years. And I met two amazing men online :-)
flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:09 AM
I've met friends online and they end up being the best friends i could ever ask for. One since I was 12 (I'm 28 now) and he's like my brother now. My mom pretty much "adopted" him. Another is like a sister, going on 4 years now with her.
Unapologetic
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:19 AM

I don't agree or disagree with you. 

I think that it depends on the people. You have to be open to allowing a real relationship to start in a modern spin-off of being pen pals in order for something more to grow than a superficial relationship. 

My husband and I have been friends with a couple that have been married for 10 years. They met online, she came to visit and never left. They are happier than a lot of couples that have met in more "traditional" ways. 

I think friendships are the same way. If you are open to trusting someone with thoughts and feelings you would normally only share with some one you are close to, I think you can form a great friendship online. Those friendships might be easier for people that do not feel comfortable in standard social situations.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN