Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think they called CPS!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
My 6 year old DD is VERY active (constantly climbing on or jumping off of things etc). Last month she tried carrying a heavy brick to a tree so that she could climb it and dropped the brick on her toe. I ended up having to take her into the ER to make sure it wasn't broke and she didn't need stitches. Then last night, she decides to climb onto the kitchen counter while I was in the bathroom and ended up falling and landed face first onto the floor. She ended up biting completely through her lip.

I took her into the ER (our urgent care is also located in the ER), so that she could get it stitched up. While we were there my DD explained to the doctor and nurses what happened, she also told them about her last trip to the ER for her toe (the doctor was the same for both visits). The nurse was in the room when the doctor walked in and the doctor turned to her and said "did you do what I asked?"

The nurse said "yes, I let him know and he just asked where the injury was"

He said "ok, that's good, at least they know and can take it from here."

Am I reading to much into it or do you think they were talking about them calling CPS on us? There was a lady with 2 little girls across the hall that appeared to have been sneaking out of the hospital while we were waiting to see the doctor.

With my DD being as clumsy as she has been lately, I'm afraid that they are going to think she is being abused but her injuries are consistent with what happened. she even has a bruise on her chin from where she hit the floor. All the stories on here have me somewhat paranoid when it comes to CPS.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Could have been a dentist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:54 AM
I mean, I don't think they'd be discussing CPS right in front of you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:54 AM
I think if they were trying to do it secretively they wouldn't have brought it up in front of you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:56 AM
I'm confused was the other lady relevant. I don't really know on that but if what happened is what happened andbthey dis call on you it will turn out fine.
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:56 AM
I doubt they were talking about CPS for you. If the little girl's story is consistent then I'm sure you will be ok. Idk. Never worked with kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:56 AM
I think you're reading to much into this.

They wouldn't of said anything in front if you.

They probably wouldn't of let you leave the hospital.

TotallyTweedles
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:56 AM
If she hurt herself the way you say then you shouldn't have anything worry over. Now had she broken a bone repeatedly or come in covered in bruises then I would be concerned. Aside from needing stiches was she in good spirits?
SageAdvice
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:58 AM

You are most likely reading way to much into this. Your daughter was open about what happened , apparently had no fear.  Children are inquisitive creatures and often get injured.  Chill, it's not a big deal.  I seriously doubt CPS will come calling, but if they do be honest.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:00 AM

if you have nothing to hide, why are you worrying about it?

MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:03 AM
From my understanding, if they have a need to call child welfare on a patient in the hospital, the patient doesn't leave the hospital. They'd of kept your daughter there. I drug tested for child welfare clients, and they constantly had child welfare called on them, and an on staff social worker would step in before they even got a chance to leave.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)